SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boston Dynamics robots disco dancing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boston Dynamics robots disco dancing Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted

It's bad enough that Boston Dynamics is laying the groundwork for Skynet to become self-aware, now they're arming Skynet's legions of Killer Robots with disco music to torment us with before using a plasma rifle in the 40 watt range to burn a canoe mount into our skulls.

Only slightly less disturbing is this video from Boston Dynamics.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
The second clip kind of reminds me of Techno Viking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Put on a DVD of the Sussman Lawrence band and the robots will self-destruct.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Put Darude's Sandstorm on loop and watch the bits hit the floor.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I posted that first clip in the previous Boston Dynamics thread several weeks ago.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Shake that money-maker

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The other day I was talking with a Dad about the BD robots and we had mentioned about having drones in schools to stop intruders, as opposed to the Detroit Puck Flicking techniques currently being deployed. I thought all I'd need for my own personal defense was a miniature BD robot...I'd call it the "10mm Chihuahua." Packs enough heat and other deterrents, all packaged up nicely in the size of a small dog. Maybe a 3 day battery life. Smile

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah , that ain't disco

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54625 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Think that's called shuffle dancing... Roll Eyes

Regardless, that central arm, loch ness monster thing is quite disturbing Eek

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post