SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Church etiquette
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Church etiquette Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Heathens wouldn't know that or respect it

Well it's not a prayer rug so....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I think Obama should be concerned with skirt chaser Slick Willie sitting next to his wife.

If his wife were really a “she”...just sayn’

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
The standard Trump-bashers (Huff, WaPo, NYT, CNN, et al) are having a field day picking on him for even more trivial shit. I'm not providing any links but you can google it if you so desire.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
quote:
I think Obama should be concerned with skirt chaser Slick Willie sitting next to his wife.

If his wife were really a “she”...just sayn’

Hmmmmm, point taken.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holger Danske:
Speaking of etiquette, I guess instead of worrying about foot placement, I would wonder why the current president and first lady opted not to recite the Apostle's Creed.

Maybe they don't know it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I can’t tell if his and/or her feet are actually touching it. Looks to me like each of them has their legs crossed and the feet are just look near it from the perspective of the photo.

A fair point. At the least, I can't tell, but I think you are right.

Either way I think there are much bigger things to get worked up about.

And miss a chance to work up some Obama outrage? They come so much less often now that we don't want to miss one.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Speaking of etiquette, I guess instead of worrying about foot placement, I would wonder why the current president and first lady opted not to recite the Apostle's Creed.

I’ve been Catholic all my life and I don’t. I’m not going to dog President Trump and his family about it. I care much about the job he has been doing and continues to do, rather than finding stupid sticking points and let the masses try and turn me against me him, like bumpstocks and the Apostle’s Creed.

Also, let’s not pretend that most of the Catholic and Episcopalians et al, at large have ever been Trump supporters. My family left a church, point-blank, full-stop over the fucking lefty priest running his suckhole about Trump right after he won the election. I’ve never been compelled to walk out of a church service during a homily and the only thing that stopped me was my wife clamping onto my arm with a death-grip because she wanted to avoid the scene of me leaving and I was eager to avoid the scene she would have cause if I had stood up and walked out. I should have just done it.

Good God, y’all.

Posts: 17056 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Zero fucks given concerning the holier than thou nit picking of people at a funeral and what they say or don't say. Sometimes people get lost in though about the person and the situation rather than keeping up with the 'script' of sayings, signings, etc.

Besides, with like 4,568 version of Christianity in the US, how can one stay up to date on all the possible changes...?

Shit, most of the people who go to Church regularly don't know what to say, when. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Maybe they don't know it.

He grew up Presbyterian. He should be able to recite it in his sleep. As a Methodist, I know I can.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think Obama should be concerned with skirt chaser Slick Willie sitting next to his wife husband.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
quote:
I think Obama should be concerned with skirt chaser Slick Willie sitting next to his wife husband.

Willie isn’t interested in what Michael is packin’.

Posts: 17056 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't think she's his type.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
When I was Episcopalian, I would.

Now that I am a Oneness Apostolic Pentecostal, I don't.
That creed is not in the Bible.

The creed began as a Catholic trinity thing.
It's also known as the Nicean Creed.

I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on this. Do you mind if I email you?

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I really don't care where they put their feet. It still bothers me however, that Jeremiah Wright was his minister for 20 years. Remember that guy? It says all I need to know about Obamas religious beliefs.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never been to a Christian church serve were the Apostles' Creed was not recited. It is the fundamental statement of what Christians believe.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
I have never been to a Christian church serve were the Apostles' Creed was not recited. It is the fundamental statement of what Christians believe.

Well, I guess that seals it for me. Trump and his wife aren’t Christians and are horrible people!

Whatever, guys. Roll Eyes

Judge not or something.... We “Christians” sure are an understanding lot. We just love to shoot our wounded and excoriate anyone who doesn’t church as hard as we do on game day. Makes me sick.

Don’t vote for him in the next election because it’s your Christian duty if the bump stock thing doesn’t get your knickers fully twisted, I guess.

posted Hide Post
quote:

You have never been to a Southern Baptist service, have you? No way we are going to profess belief in the Catholic church. Smile

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Why all the fuss over Apollo Creed?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on this. Do you mind if I email you?

Sure, if you want to.
I am no expert though.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
quote:

You have never been to a Southern Baptist service, have you? No way we are going to profess belief in the Catholic church. Smile

That’s small “c” catholic, as in universal, in the Apostle’s or Nicene Creed; not big “C” Catholic, as in Roman Catholic Church.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post