SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Salted Caramel Moonshine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Salted Caramel Moonshine Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
Tabitha brought this home to me.

We will see how it goes with coke or better yet, a yoohoo.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Give us a report. I was actually looking at this the other day.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It smells of caramel. Very sweet, like Southern Comfort.

It would make a milk shake or coffee incredible.

I tried it as a shot, the caramel flavor is strong and sweet.

It made a coke caramel flavored.

It's most definitely a Liqueur.

Hard core whiskey drinkers will HATE it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Guess I'll have to pass on it then Big Grin

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Tabitha just made an extra special Caramel Macchiato.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Marzy will be singing: "My Milkshake makes me flop in the yard...."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Looks awesome!

But I don't know that I'd call something only 80 proof "moonshine"...

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

Most real moonshine was less than 80 proof, the manufacturing conditions did not accommodate making it higher. And the bootleggers had no incentive for it to be higher, which would have required distilling it twice. Some people confused harsh taste with higher alcohol content.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

LOL

Hell in a handbasket, man. Big Grin

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Salted caramel is the "in" flavor for this decade. I drew the line at a "salted caramel filling" donut. Too much of a good thing.

For the real thing, try salted caramels from Béquet Confections of Montana.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stiab:
quote:

Most real moonshine was less than 80 proof, the manufacturing conditions did not accommodate making it higher. And the bootleggers had no incentive for it to be higher, which would have required distilling it twice. Some people confused harsh taste with higher alcohol content.

I dunno.. The first run out of my still comes out at 125..

Either way, I find the term "moonshine" to have been commercialized, and typically brings to mind such things as ever clear and white lightning.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My grandfather was a moonshiner, made stills and got caught twice.

I have all his photos, articles of his trials from the paper and memorabilia.

The last still he built was during WWII with the help of German POW's at the air base where he worked repairing aircraft radiators.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Ja! Schnappen der mais!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Salted caramel is the "in" flavor for this decade. I drew the line at a "salted caramel filling" donut. Too much of a good thing.

For the real thing, try salted caramels from Béquet Confections of Montana.
I second this, with the follow on that they go well with Roughstock Whiskey distilled in the same town.

Made a trip to Billings for the museum while visiting family in Great Falls, the distillery was a required side trip because their distribution isn't the strongest. Caramels, in a multitude of flavors, was a happy accident. Warning, they sell five pound bags (pick your flavors) over the internet.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stiab:
quote:

I knew a moonshiner who triple distilled his product using a packed column still. Folks paid extra for his "whiskey" because it was so good.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

That lets me out, I guess. My idea of a good whiskey is one that won't immediately melt the hide off a 'possum.Smile

I'm a beer drinker, but I do keep a bottle of Maker's Mark in the cupboard for special occasions.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I knew a moonshiner who triple distilled his product using a packed column still. Folks paid extra for his "whiskey" because it was so good.

That's the type of action that would be required on yesteryear's traditional non-tax paid liquor to increase the proof.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post