Find
Notify
Tools

Quantico, VA Login/Join 
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted
Hey all,

I am going to be swithing jobs and supporting the Marince Corps in Quantico.

I will be staying in the area during the week and commuting home on the weekends. I will be looking to rent a room so I have a permanent base of operations in the area.

Are there any reccomended areas to stay either in Quantico or the surrounding areas? I am looking for a 20 minute or less drive.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do some research on Occoquan, Va. It's a quaint little town on the water near Quantico.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
For the shortest commute timewise, stay just a bit north of the base. that way you're going against the brunt of normal commuter traffic. There's quite a few places in Woodbridge. Most of the places i knew of right outside the base were torn down during the recent US1 expansion. Unless they've upgraded I'd avoid any places in Dumfries or or Triangle.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Aquia Harbor is very close probably a little cheaper than Occoquan.

Also look up QPS (Quantico Practical Shooters) for steel and USPSA matches held on MCBQ.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The main residential areas near Quantico are Dumfries and Woodbridge.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
As the other members mentioned, stay NORTH of the base. Traffic is unreal in the whole area....

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Make sure to see where you will go on the base too

If you’re going on main gate to get to work, the route 1 corridor is going to be closest up towards dumfries and Woodbridge. Some of those areas have been revitalized, and some areas you don’t want to live ever

If you’re going through South Gate, garrisonvulle/Aquia will be an option. Traffic will be worse going that way, but you can get pretty close

Be prepared for it to be more expensive than you’re accustomed to. The areas we are talking about aren’t the “expensive” ones around here, but that means the prices are still higher than just about anywhere else except manhattan, just only by 5x instead of 10

For a good community, see if you can rent a room in a townhouse or home in Montclair

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice so far. A bump for the weekend crowd.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
There is a room down there, housing over 70 HRA built FN FAL full auto rifles, still in grease. This is the room you want to rent... Cool

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I secured a room in the Montclair area. Thanks for your help everyone.