SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who have the longest lasting marriage that you know of? Who have the record?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who have the longest lasting marriage that you know of? Who have the record? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mom and Dad hit 65 years just before Mom passed. Me and the Mrs will hit 23 this December.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
My parents = 82 years, and still ongoing at this moment.

I would say they are in the minority. Give them my congratulations for so many years together.

That is simply remarkable. Please pass on my congratulations as well.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
quote:
My parents = 82 years, and still ongoing at this moment.

Has to be a record, congratulations.

Posts: 1553 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
My 32 long, long, long, long years of being married to my wife beats your parent's 82 years of marriage.

Whenever someone asks me how long we've been married, that's how I answer. Even with my wife there. She just rolls her eyes.

Congrats to your parents.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
My parents just hit the 74 year mark. Mom is 93 and Dad is 94. But 82 years, Wow just Wow!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
82 years! Congratulations to them from me Q.

My wife and I celebrated 27 years this year.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My parents cheated a little bit. They married very very young, at 12 and 14. Those days, in Viet Nam, arranged marriage at early ages was not uncommon.

As long as she could make a sammich that’s all that matters. Smile

My mom and Dad will hit 67 years in October.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Awesome, Q! That beats my info. My parents and in-laws are in their 40+ years. My grandparents on all sides suffered a lost spouse before 50 years hit.

On another note, YESTERDAY, my wife and I (41 and 40 y.o) celebrated our 20th. Smile

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
My Mom and Dad hit the 55 year mark in July.
Mrs. Navyshooter and I will hit the 26 year mark in December.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cool rich , thats a fantastic pic, thanks for sharing

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post