SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best K-Cup alternative to Black Rifle?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best K-Cup alternative to Black Rifle? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
This video comes to mind.

Heavy Duty Country
Black Rifle Coffee: I Was Wrong and I'm Owning It
https://youtu.be/BF6BCjTY7QE

The fact that he posted a 5 minute video is an agenda unto itself.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
We carry Peet's and Caribou coffee as part of our distribution line. Both are excellent coffee's I'm drinking a cup of Peet's Big Bang right now brewed from a K Cup. Caribou is excellent as well but has a more limited distribution so you may not have it in you're area but it is enormously popular around here with more coffee shops scattered about than Starbucks.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
Fire Dept Coffee.

https://www.firedeptcoffee.com/

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 368 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Peet's Coffee and Cameron's Coffee are my go-to "mid tier" coffee roasters, which I use most of the time, when I'm not using some fancier or local beans.

Peet's Major Dickason Blend and Cameron's Scandinavian Blend are my usual ones. Both are on the lighter end of dark.

I don't use K Cups. However, it looks like Major Dickason is available in K Cups, but Scandinavian isn't, although Cameron's has a number of other K Cup offerings.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Tabitha gets me the McCafe breakfast blend.

I figure if I make it at work, I am helping a minimum wage employee have to find a better job somewhere else after they get canned for lack of work.

I'm just doing my part.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
McCafe and Fire Department Coffee are good in my opinion. Both seem apolitical which is a huge plus and they are quite drinkable.

BRCC’s Hafer seems like a choad and not a true friend to the 2A. I won’t be buying their coffee anymore.

The heavy duty country video if you look at the comments, didn’t do much to settle anything. I was unimpressed with the video host’s ramblings.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Reusable kcup thingy and Community Coffee dark roast

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
hmmm I don't have a dog in this fight but I think this is more cancel culture this time from the right.

Good grief Roll Eyes

Not sure what you are rolling your eyes at but the cancel-culture is definitely in play here.
To what extent anyone participates is up to them.
The biggest problem is that the Right is terrible at it and the Left is a master.
Unfortunately since there is no free speech in America anymore you have to be careful what you say.
It isn't right.
Cancel-Culture isn't productive either although I fully support everyone's right to do so.
I am with Heavy Duty Country on this.
I also am still subscribing to BRCC.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
quote:
hmmm I don't have a dog in this fight but I think this is more cancel culture this time from the right.

Good grief Roll Eyes

Not sure what you are rolling your eyes at but the cancel-culture is definitely in play here.

Yeah, I could've quoted it better to better-reflect the reason for my response.

The Roll Eyes was in response to the reasons members are engaging in the cancel culture behavior.

I got no dog in this fight, either.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
quote:

Good grief Roll Eyes

To what extent anyone participates is up to them.
The biggest problem is that the Right is terrible at it and the Left is a master.
Unfortunately since there is no free speech in America anymore you have to be careful what you say.
It isn't right.
Cancel-Culture isn't productive either although I fully support everyone's right to do so.
I am with Heavy Duty Country on this.
I also am still subscribing to BRCC.

I generally don't get too pugilistic about arguments on the forum, unless they involve gross amounts of misinformation on animal related stuff (my wheelhouse).

That said, when folks on the left use their wallets to buy only from supporters, and folks on the right decide to rise above and continue to fund the lefties, it isn't enough (IMO) to say "I'm not gonna play this game" and then bemoan the fact that the right sucks at playing it.

I don't see a reason why, with as many quality choices as I have for coffee, I should spend any more of my hard earned dollars with BRCC than I spend with Starbucks. Which is zero...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Reusable kcup thingy and Community Coffee dark roast

My LGS/Indoor range quit carrying Black Rifle coffee in response to their politics and now carry something else....don't remember what it is.

Like BigSwede, for me it's the reusable K-cup thingy and freshly ground Kona coffee.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Community Coffee in our house. French Roast & Breakfast Blend. Auto-delivery available.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
The thing about the cancel culture is that we on the right actually have the money to spend. I'm betting a lot of those little kids calling to boycott this or that while living in mommy's basement aren't even spending money at those businesses. But they get the attention because they yell the loudest on the internet and the media is complicit.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I've always tried to support local roasters as my first choice. Essence of Coffee here is that for me. No K-cups in my household though as I much prefer grinding fresh roasted beans.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Peet's Big Bang... They offer it in K-Cups.

Not a coffee person myself but this is my wife's favorite among the brands she drinks regularly. It's a medium roast, which is her preference, and she says it's the best flavor she's found among those sold at our local store. As bozman noted, it's pricey, among the more expensive brands (and with only 10 per box), so we look for the sales when they come round and stock up.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Who was the fella on the SigForum that had his own coffe business? Wild Bill Something?

Edit. Found him, Wild Bill's Gunpowder Coffee

Didn't see a website, only a FB page https://www.facebook.com/WildBillsGunpowderCoffee

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
^^^ yup rainman64.

Also might try Invader Coffee veteran owned and operated.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post