SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best K-Cup alternative to Black Rifle?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best K-Cup alternative to Black Rifle? Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
So, now that Black Rifle is dead to me thanks to that hypocritical POS Evan Hafer and I’ve cancelled my membership and run out of my stash, what do we like instead?

Something with automatic deliveries is a bonus, but all I really need is a company worth supporting. Something owned and run by real red-blooded freedom (for everyone) loving Americans.

All suggestions appreciated.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peet's Big Bang... They offer it in K-Cups.

Don't do K-Cups anymore. Have moved onto whole bean and freshly ground.

Pete's is my most favorite of the "grocery store" available offerings.

Can be a little expensive, but it goes on sale every 2 or 3 weeks.

No idea of where they stand politically, but one of their offerings is named Major Dickenson after a long time customer. If they are naming a blend after a vet, then I think they may be okay (need to go look now).

The "Boz"

Posts: 1532 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
What did I miss?

And we are currently using Deathwish coffee company for our daily dose....I think Mrs. Mike got it at Wally World.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What happened? I am on the auto order also.

Posts: 302 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: August 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Dem donor I believe... For a guy who calls his coffee brand "Black Rifle" and the fact that they endorse Dems is moronic.

I no longer drink their coffee, and I was a huge fan of Thin Blue Line.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1532 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peets Major Dickason blend its a dark roast. But all love all of their blends.

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tim Hortens!!!! AEAAH!

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I believe Gruntworks has coffee now.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
He donated to Tulsi Gabbard.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Don't do K-Cups anymore. Have moved onto whole bean and freshly ground.

For years, I imported whole beans from a small plantation in Costa Rica and had a burr grinder and quality drip maker in my office.

Switched jobs a ways back and while the job is a big step up, the office is a big step down. No more facility for rinsing the equipment daily, so when I got tired of buying coffee on the way in (and only having one cup a day), the Keurig machine was obtained and BRCC Just Black rounds started brewing.

It was all good until Hafer showed his ass about Rittenhouse and everyone started talking about his donations to the worst of the fascists, including Act Blue.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, I will cancel my subscription tomorrow!

Posts: 302 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: August 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Tim Hortens!!!! AEAAH!

Tim Horton’s is my favorite coffee, by far. I’ve never tried their K-cups, but I’m sure they’re good.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I have not tried it but Blackout coffee company is advertised on Guns and Gadgets YouTube channel and is pro 2A.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12437 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I get Tim Horton’s fine grind dark roast all the time. For fresh grind I get 100% Kona from the Maui Coffee Company. I get 2 1-pound bags every delivery. Lasts me about 45 days.

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hmmm I don't have a dog in this fight but I think this is more cancel culture this time from the right.

As I understand it, a supporter of Rittenhouse photographed him in a BRCC T-Shirt and tweeted implying he was somehow supported from the coffee company, and that there was a connection with them.

That wasn’t the case, BRCC clarified this weekend. In a video, the company’s CEO Evan Hafer stated that BRCC had not and would not sponsor Rittenhouse.

The CEO of the coffee company said. “We’re not in the business of profiting from this event. We have zero interest in collecting one dollar from any of this. It is ethically inappropriate for us to do so, or even give the perception [of profiting].”

This set off the internet dogs who dug up everything the can and found someone from the company gave a whopping $500 to that Dem from Hawaii who is a Veteran who served one year combat tour in the Mid East.

I think the shit stormed rained down on these guy is way out of proportion.

You can all vote with your wallets either way.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
hmmm I don't have a dog in this fight but I think this is more cancel culture this time from the right.

Good grief Roll Eyes

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I’m quite the fan of Kauai Coffee. They have a Na Pali coast, and Garden Isle that I think are pretty fantastic.

Don’t buy from their website though. It’s quite a bit cheaper in the grocery stores.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Question: Does it have to be K-Cups?

I bought two of these reusable k-cups a couple years ago, and buy Peet's Major Dickason Dark Roast by the pound to use in them.

https://www.amazon.com/ORO-Max...%2Caps%2C194&sr=8-37

They're not quite as convenient as K-Cups, because you have to dump them out after use, but it comes out to about 1/3 the cost.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This video comes to mind.

Heavy Duty Country
Black Rifle Coffee: I Was Wrong and I'm Owning It
https://youtu.be/BF6BCjTY7QE

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
This video comes to mind.

Heavy Duty Country
Black Rifle Coffee: I Was Wrong and I'm Owning It
https://youtu.be/BF6BCjTY7QE

If I had d/c'd my BRCC subscription because of that guy, I might care. It wasn't even Hafer's "we're not getting involved/taking sides" on the Rittenhouse incident, although I disagree with the notion that "it's okay to be neutral b/c they're just a coffee company". That works if your marketing plan isn't overtly political to begin with, but BRCC, even more than a company like Benchmade caters to the RKBA crowd. There's no "we're neutral" on RKBA issues after that, IMO.

What really got my attention was Hafer's re-tweet (which I'm not going to take the time to find now) of something that indicated he viewed Rittenhouse as some sort of unworthy tacti-cool poser rather than an ordinary US Citizen exercising his 2d amendment rights, or better yet - a worthy special forces operator. That, compounded with the donations to Gabbard (which I could almost overlook and Obama for fuck's sake... and ActBlue? It's just a bit too much. I've never donated money to them. It's not difficult not to. You just don't.

Back to the matter at hand... I picked up a box of Tim Horton's K-cups on my way in this morning and I'm about to try the first cup. Options were limited, but we have a paralegal originally from Canada here, so I thought she'd get a kick out of it as well.

I'll let you know how it is in a bit.

-Rob

A=A