SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cool stuff on the Interstate
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cool stuff on the Interstate Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
we see these blades on a regular basis, they mak'em just west of here , on I-80
That is going to be one huge helocopter... Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
not as big as you think, they are just using one big blade, instead of two Big Grin Wink

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
LOL, a wobbly copter.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I've always wondered about that. Do you just haul the toy around all the time in the tractor while hauling a load?

It rides around in the toolbox on my tractor headboard. When I put some straps in, it comes out and on. I don't always though. Depends on if I am in a mirthful mood. Mine is actually just a little plastic truck my kids outgrew- but they like seeing pictures of it in random photo ops.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:
and about the same of lally columns

On them second floor lintels between the lally columns, do you want we should rabbet them or not? Big Grin

What you did there. I see it.

Great movie.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
They seemed to be 2'x 2' x 15 or 20'. No, I'm not sure they were aluminum, but its the only white metal I'm familiar with

Local recycler used to transport the metal still molten, instead of the big billets, saving the huge amount of time and money required to reheat it. Carried to the end user in huge pots on lowboy trailers! TONS of HOT molten metal sitting in a huge pot just chained down on a truck bed!The pots were as wide as the trailer and at least as tall. What could possibly go wrong? I think TDOT stopped them, at least it isn't done anymore here.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
They seemed to be 2'x 2' x 15 or 20'. No, I'm not sure they were aluminum, but its the only white metal I'm familiar with

Local recycler used to transport the metal still molten, instead of the big billets, saving the huge amount of time and money required to reheat it. Carried to the end user in huge pots on lowboy trailers! TONS of HOT molten metal sitting in a huge pot just chained down on a truck bed!The pots were as wide as the trailer and at least as tall. What could possibly go wrong? I think TDOT stopped them, at least it isn't done anymore here.

I've seen those coming from the nearby Alcoa plant. Been a while though.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Seen on Interstate 40, West bound between Memphis and Little Rock, a Smart car towing a motorcycle trailer with a Harley. Red Face

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Going past the weigh station, just past where trucks re-enter the interstate, state patrol had a Hertz rental pulled over. Several cars, a dog who appeared to be excited, and officers holding bundles of what I assumed to be contraband.
Cool for me, for the truck driver, probably not so much.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post