SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sleep Number 360
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sleep Number 360 Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
I found two other sleep number related threads, but they were really old and seem to be before the “360” model.

It’s time to replace my Tempur-pedic, and I’m thinking about going with a sleep number 360.

Anyone have one?

like it?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While it’s not a Sleep Number bed, I just spent about a month or so researching different mattresses and actually just placed an order early this morning.

I ended up going with a king sized Luma Sleep hybrid slumber system with their base foundation to go with it since my 13 year old box springs won’t cut it anymore.

I spent quite a bit of time reading through themattressunderground.com and Luma Sleep is one of their trusted mattress companies they have listed on one of the stickied posts there. I had it down to either the Luma Sleep mattress or a WinkBeds Plus, and ended up going with the Luma Sleep due to the fact that their warranty guarantees that no more than .75” of sag while the Winkbed warranty is 1.5” (majority of the mattress industry is at 1.5”).

I won’t get it for a couple of weeks, but I was happy to take advantage of their 20% off sale right now and I was also able to get a code for an additional 10% off.

Just a suggestion in case you might be interested in other options than Sleep Number.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Make sure to try before you buy.

It's a very clever, very nice air mattress, but it IS essentially an air mattress, and it kind of feels like one.

I went into a Sleep Number store a few years ago planning to buy one but couldn't get over how they felt and ended up with another Tempurpedic.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’m also reading quite about about their lack of customer service -

More to check out I guess.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I use the same one that the Sheraton hotels use. Got used to it when I was traveling a lot on business.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny timing...

My wife and I just went to our local Sleep Number bed store yesterday (1/23/21). My wife absolutely needs an adjustable bed (me not so much) as she has to shift around a lot during the night to get comfortable. So she moves back and forth from our adjacent laz-z-boy recliner on many nights. So, we're looking at a split king. Can't deny the adjustable bed itself is a thing of beauty in terms of design and quality materials.

As for the mattress, I'm more of a latex foam guy. The Sleep Number air mattress with foam (which is basically what you are paying most for) is very nice and much quieter than I thought it would be. But 7k for the mid-line P-6. I'm changing jobs and cashed out enough vacation to pay for it, but damn! That's a lot of money.

I've since learned that for 3-4 holiday weekends Sleep Number will deeply discount their "ILE" line (mid-level) by about 40%. Unless I can find an equally good adjustable base and foam mattress that works for us, I think we will wait for the big sale. I can just barely swallow 5k for a top-notch bed. Not 7k.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I got one in April of 2019. The surgeon that worked on my back recommended it. I think it's helped my back some, I don't seem to hurt as much in the morning. They make a big deal out of how much better you'll sleep, and I can't say that I do. I still wake up multiple times during the night, sometimes just to roll over and find a cool spot. I didn't get the cooling foam topper. It takes a little time to find your favorite number, mines 35, and just before you go off to la-la land, sometimes you can feel it bleed off a few pounds of pressure, and you sink into the mattress a little more.

You can get a neat little app that lets you see what happened last night. The bed keeps track of your breaths per minute, your heartbeat, heart rate variability, how many times during the night you are restless, and for how long, and how many times you get out of bed. It gives you all of your best, worst, and average, and gives you a score for your nights sleep.

I don't know what all that's worth. To me, after the new wore off, it is more of gimmick. There have been times I though I really slept good, and I end up with a low score. If you really want to work at it, you can log what you eat, and when, what activities you did during the day, and maybe find something you are doing that causes you to have a good or bad night. I never have wanted to work that hard at it.

In the end, I do think it helped my back, but I don't think I sleep any better. If I had to do it all again, I can't honestly say I'd run down and buy another one, but I'm not unhappy with the one I have.

Posts: 3236 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
We had a SLEEP NUMBER bed ($5,000+/- w/ foam top) with the two wired hand controls. The controls failed out three times within five years. The dealer replaced the first two when the manufacturer refused to warranty, but said no more replacements. We paid out of pocket for the last one. They said if the controls were wireless they would have been replaced with less hassle, but there's no manner to convert to wireless. We got rid of it. The company warranty should be thoroughly understood before making that kind of purchase.

We bought a TEMPURPEDIC, but I don't like it. I can't convince my wife to go back to a heated water bed (if they're even available anymore?). Razz

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post