SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lifelock? Someone stole my info, need to protect myself
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lifelock? Someone stole my info, need to protect myself Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by LBAR15:
Placing an extended alert and security freeze on all three credit bureaus is free and very good insurance against ID theft.

Is this state-specific? I did a credit freeze as well. Equifax was free, but TU and Experian both charged me $10.

It is state specific.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by LBAR15:
Placing an extended alert and security freeze on all three credit bureaus is free and very good insurance against ID theft.

Is this state-specific? I did a credit freeze as well. Equifax was free, but TU and Experian both charged me $10.

It is state specific.

Thanks. I'm still trying to connect with TU to sign up my wife. Boy, do they make it difficult.

I read somewhere else that they don't like people freezing their credit because then they lose "sales" (i.e., selling your credit information).

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post