SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Security lights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Security lights Login/Join 
Picture of bushpilot
posted
So, I have been having an issue with prowlers, probably meth heads, but we keep our buildings locked and alarmed at the end of the day. I also have the standard two light fixtures on each corner of the house and we have a 5' chain link fence around the 4 1/2 acres.

Today, while working on the area behind the pool my son spotted a limb propped up on our 5' chain link fence positioned to make it easy to climb over our fence. I am thinking about some LED battery powered/solar that will all light up if one is tripped. What does the brain trust on the forum think or recommend.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoKer86
posted Hide Post
I've got standard flood lights. The real peace of mind is the security cameras I have. I've got one on my front and back porches, and one on my shop.

One of them is hooked right to the wifi and sends alerts to my phone. It is a Foscam that cost me $80ish. The others are another cheapish brand, Zmodo that are hooked up to a DVR. I can log into those from any computer. Granted, I only have an acre. Covering four acres may be cost prohibitive. I would recommend hard wired on the Zmodos or similar offerings. The Foscam has been a champ with the wifi, but you have to manually record via your phone, after an alert, as there is no DVR.

Edit: here is the Foscam, the price has dropped quite a bit. https://www.amazon.com/Foscam-...AQS5S2SQCT43ERZWDT6C

www.sanderstactical.com

Posts: 770 | Location: Gallatin, TN | Registered: December 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alarm at my house went off around 1:30am one night, back garage door. Once I confirmed nobody had made it in the garage and then house, I saw where the back garage door wasn't fully latched. We had locked the dead bolt, but not the door knob, so someone felt it turn and tried to push it open. That night I removed the standard wall light with one with a motion sensor and a 100 watt LED equivalent bulb. It will trigger if a person gets anywhere near it, but my jack russels don't set it off. Works great.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post