SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Airport passengers sing national anthem for 100's of fallen service men and women's children
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airport passengers sing national anthem for 100's of fallen service men and women's children Login/Join 
Picture of GarandGuy
posted
My wife sent me this link at lunch today and just thought I'd share it. Didn't see it posted yet.

My my day a little better after reading it.

I'm going to donate to the Gary Sinise Foundation.

https://abc11.com/society/airp...llen-troops/4884372/

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Awesome! There are still lots of good people in this world, in fact i would say most. Just need to tune out the bullshit and see more stories like this. I am very proud of my two daughters as they will routinely approach military members and thank them for their service. Some people just plain get it! Thanks for posting.

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Really good stuff there!

How many here thank LEOs and service members for their service?

I make a point of doing it when I can identify individuals. LEOs are easy as they are in uniform (mostly).

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I read that story the other day and thought it was very cool. Gary Sinese seems like a very good guy who really cares about our vets.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Very cool! A little more faith restored in humanity.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
America, the way it’s supposed to be and not politically correct dribble Hollywood would want you to believe in..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I met Mr. Sinese on one of my flights some years ago. He was so meek, humble, and unpretentious that I wouldn't have even known he was on the flight had it not been for him standing in the jetway waiting for a friend with which he was traveling. I was deplaning to go do another flight and saw him standing there. He is the antithesis of most of today's actors that are all about me, me, me. Just a class gentleman that has done so much for our men and women in harm's way.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Before I retired, I made trips very often to Nashville and wold stop to grab lunch at a truck stop near Ft. Campbell. There were almost always service members there eating. Every time I asked the waitress to let me pick up the tab for the soldiers. Most responses were that I was the 3rd, 4th or whatever person that wanted to do that but that someone beat me to it.

I did get to do it a few times, but I think the acts of others speaks volumes to Tennessee and Kentucky having some really good folks.
Bless all of our protectors...
PS I am in IndianaSmile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: thomjb,

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
My oldest grandson came back to the states by way of Walter Reed, twice. We spent a lot of time there with him and talked to a lot of the other guys coming home via the medevac route.

Some were his team members, others who had been wounded doing their jobs. Humbling experience all around.

One of his team members accompanied him back to Walter Reed, delivered him to the ward and promptly headed back for Andrews to get back to the team. Shortly thereafter the team was ambushed by an insider attack. The guy who had accompanied Nate to the states ended up losing his right leg about halfway up the thigh. He did the rehab and rejoined the team with an artificial leg. He is now doing another job in the army. Nate (grandson) is on a training assignment, training other SF troops.

BTW, Nick lost his leg when he threw himself on top of a PFC to protect him during that insider attack.

Respecting and thanking service members for what they do is the least of what we can do for them.

Respect and admiration for all of them.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post