SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Quarter Returns: Surf and Turf Last Night
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Quarter Returns: Surf and Turf Last Night Login/Join 
posted
Fired up the grill last night.

Half a pound of beautiful, fresh scallops and a half pound filet:

Garnished with minced flat leaf parsley and served with grilled corn, steamed jasmine rice, tartar sauce, lemon, and a nice glass of Pinot Noir:

Pulled from the grill to rest at a Thermapen-verified 127°F:

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Looking good!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks phenomenal.

Any secret to cooking the scallops? I tend to go under or over and seldom get it right.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Looks phenomenal.

Any secret to cooking the scallops? I tend to go under or over and seldom get it right.

The scallops cook very quickly. About three to four minutes a side on the grill.

I pull them when the largest scallop's internal temperature is about the same as the steak.

Then I cover them with foil to keep them warm until the steak is rested and ready to eat.

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That damn quarter eats better than I do.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
That looks so good!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Drool..... I'm having frozen burritos for dinner tonight. Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Good lookin' surf & turf EZ_B! As usual, everything has a great sear on it, looks cooked to perfection, great presentation, and well photographed.

Don't be a stranger!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Love when the quarter makes an appearance. That looks incredible.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Looks terrific! Scallops are right at the top of my favorite seafoods.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
looks great, but you need to find a lady to cook for. I can only imagine she would enjoy such a meal. Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post