SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Police arrest 91 year old man
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Police arrest 91 year old man Login/Join 
posted
This sort of video and interviews really stirs things up. The title implies that the elderly cannot be a problem. I guess they have never seen assaults in nursing homes. I hope there is some video of what happened before the arrest.

http://wgntv.com/2017/08/25/91...g-stick-at-officers/

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"91-year-old detained after allegedly pointing stick at officers"

There is nothing in the headline that impies that the elderly cannot be a problem.

"alledged/alledgedly" is used in part, because we are considered innocent until proven guilty.

Since the reporter is not on sight and a witness, the reporter cannot make the satement that "he pointed the stick..."

The headline, in this case is 100% correct and proper in use.

I will agree with the video and interview "stirring things up", but we all know and most agree that the media is sick with a fatal case of "agendaitus".

And I will also state that many tactics that LEO are using are a result of the BS charges and accusations levied against them, and the PC polocies of the weak and kowtowing leadership.

There are no good cops or bad cops, only good and bad people, and some of each are cops.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
They are lucky the 91 year old didn't put a bear hug on them. Wink

There goes the Police image. Is this the USA? Roll Eyes Things like this can only happen in Fairfax County.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is nothing in the headline that impies that the elderly cannot be a problem.

My point is why mention the age of the individual in the Title? There seems to be an agenda there. That was all.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I agree on the agenda point, and understand what you mean.

It is "convenient" at times to include age, race and such, and "obvious by ommision" in other cases.

(I blame my logic professors and english comp teachers for being too literal, sometimes.)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
"You could see well enough to carry that stick around."
~Officer

I do think that statement is asinine. Whether the other actions were as well is another matter.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Those Brave officers deserve recognition! I ordered 3 Carnegie Deli Shit Sandwiches for them. Thankfully they didn't shoot him under the "We Feared For our Lives" position.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Those Brave officers deserve recognition! I ordered 3 Carnegie Deli Shit Sandwiches for them. Thankfully they didn't shoot him under the "We Feared For our Lives" position.

Over the top much?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Over the top much?

On Occasion, yes, but c'mon a 91 year old man pointing a stick?
Give me break...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

My point is why mention the age of the individual in the Title? There seems to be an agenda there. That was all.

Maybe putting that old age in the title is sensational/catchy enough to attract more readers, and it has nothing to do with "implies that the elderly cannot be a problem".

Which is more catchy, "91-year-old detained after allegedly pointing stick at officers", or, "Man detained after allegedly pointing stick at officers"? Wink

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Why not?
They will arrest you for a Pizza (shaped) gun too right? Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We could have a fill in the blank contest for catchy title. ________ points stick at officers. Would transgender get more hits, than naked woman, protestor, priest, or man in a wheelchair? I pick naked woman. What are your thoughts?

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Why not?
They will arrest you for a Pizza (shaped) gun too right? Eek

Well, I guess if the pizza-shaped gun looks enough like a pizza, it could technically be a concealed firearm, for which a permit might be needed... Or perhaps even an unlicensed NFA AOW (like a cane gun or pen gun)?

Oh, wait. Are you referring to a gun-shaped piece of pizza? In that case, please show me where someone was arrested for that. I recall that news story that I believe you're trying reference from several years ago, and it was an elementary school student who was punished by his stupid liberal teachers for doing that, not someone who was arrested by the police.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, wait. Are you referring to a gun-shaped piece of pizza? In that case, please show me where someone was arrested for that. I recall that news story that I believe you're trying reference from several years ago, and it was an elementary school student who was punished by his stupid liberal teachers for doing that, not someone who was arrested by the police.

Yes, that seven year old is still serving time in an undisclosed location now in which when he gets out he will be on "double secret probation". Frown

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:

Yes, that seven year old is still serving time in an undisclosed location now in which when he gets out he will be on "double secret probation". Frown

He spends his days breaking big pepperoni into little pepperoni.

Sad. Very sad.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
In my experience old people have little reservation about letting you have it. A punch or a smack followed by a finger point and the "and that's what you get son" look.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I remember one day I was serving warrants. I went through something like 20 addresses in a tiny 10x10 square block in the hood, gooseggs.

Finally we got a two-fer. Fraud warrants.

One was a quadriplegic. Like a 40 year old quadriplegic.

Yeah...he didn't go to jail.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
As people get older, they can become unstable when they walk so a cane or stick is used at times. When you are poor, any old stick will do.

My Aunt Fern used two sticks until I got her a cane since one of the sticks was sharp on both ends. She walked every day when the weather was good and would have been 99 on the day we buried her.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Sounds like black lives matter bull shit. It says he was detained. It did not say he was arrested.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post