SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What political organization are you donating to, this election season?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What political organization are you donating to, this election season? Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
We donate straight to Trump.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Local activism is largely a waste of time, in Nevada.

Really? It's not as far gone as California!
The difference in Nevada is 6-7% and that's not worth trying to change?
So you just surrender?

Here in St. Louis County the demographics have turned against us too. The Dems have destroyed the City of St. Louis and as they move out of the City they are infecting the County. That doesn't mean conservatives should just surrender.
Although... I am considering moving to an adjoining County. Confused

I would like to know what the margin was in 2016 and yes, with a Democratic governor, Democrat House, Assembly, Congresspeople, and Senators, the cause is lost, for now. No use throwing money at it until there is a serious demographic change.

I will spend my time and money worrying about the Presidency and the judicial appointments.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
No use throwing money at it until there is a serious demographic change.

Grass roots efforts are where you can make a difference.
All politics is local. Your money won't make a hill of beans worth of difference on the national level. On the local level you can make a difference. It takes time and effort.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
For months (actually the last couple of years), I have been harassed seasonally with daily phone calls from Republican orgs. to solicit money, whether it is the RNC, Trump, Cruz, etc. It has subsided recently. I check and trash my spam once a week, and the folder is filled with dozens, if not hundreds of emails from Republican orgs. I am tired of it.

I am just sick of this, it’s been nonstop since 2016. About ready to change phone number, which I thought I would never do.

Even if there were a national Do-Not-Call list, the politicos would make sure they couldn’t be on it.

It is so incredibly obtrusive that, together with the “doxxing” of Trump supporters, it has accomplished what the Dems would want: Trump supporters who go to the polls but otherwise keep their wallets clamped shut.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
As I wrote earlier, I donate to several conservative causes, including President Trump. But I get no phone calls from any of them, ‘cuz I don’t give ‘em my phone number.

I do get lots of junk mail from them, but that’s no problem – there’s a trash box right below the condo mailboxes. One glance is enough to identify it as junk. Into the hole ‘e goes.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Really haven't decided whether I'm going to give money to ANYBODY, anymore.

For months (actually the last couple of years), I have been harassed seasonally with daily phone calls from Republican orgs. to solicit money, whether it is the RNC, Trump, Cruz, etc. It has subsided recently. I check and trash my spam once a week, and the folder is filled with dozens, if not hundreds of emails from Republican orgs. I am tired of it.

Oddball, I'm beginning to think were Bros from different Mothers. It seems in every post I read Your answer is pretty much my thinking. I'm sure we have to disagree on some stuff....but not lately. And I hate being a Ditto!!! I for the first time in my life Donated last time around "once" to help get Trump elected. Don"t regret it but man the inbox and mailbox...Never or probably never again. If ever again give it will be anonymous.

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
My Union makes all my donations for me, I'm sure we have the same ideology. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post