SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What political organization are you donating to, this election season?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What political organization are you donating to, this election season? Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
Hey all-

I would like to donate to "support the cause", specifically reelecting the President, promoting conservative values, 2A, and judicial adherence to an originalist reading of the Constitution.

What charitable organizations will do the best work with my meager contribution?
I am looking at Judicial Watch, Cato Institute, Heritage Foundation, and whichever organization funnels all of my donation to the President without splitting it with the RNC.

Who are you donating to?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'm donating the tall man to the DNC.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

That went completely over my head. Explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old? Wink

Bruce

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You must have missed Para’s Mr Rogers video

You've got to know what to do when you don't know what to do.

Posts: 364 | Location: SML-VA | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I donate money to several politically conservative organizations. But I’m thinking that Judicial Watch provides the most bang for the buck. I increased my donation to them last year, and will increase it again this year.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Really haven't decided whether I'm going to give money to ANYBODY, anymore.

For months (actually the last couple of years), I have been harassed seasonally with daily phone calls from Republican orgs. to solicit money, whether it is the RNC, Trump, Cruz, etc. It has subsided recently. I check and trash my spam once a week, and the folder is filled with dozens, if not hundreds of emails from Republican orgs. I am tired of it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16672 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtnPlinker
posted Hide Post
Recall Polis... or whatever his real name is

Posts: 1962 | Location: Front Range CO | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical".
Thomas Jefferson.
Since no one is paying any attention to Jefferson, I dont think I will pony up any cash for anyone.
My vote to re-elect DJT will suffice.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
None

Posts: 107493 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Really haven't decided whether I'm going to give money to ANYBODY, anymore.

This X a million or so.

Judicial Watch maybe, because unlike a politician, they actually do something and expose the nastiness of the swamp.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

That went completely over my head. Explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old? Wink

Bruce

Maybe I'll double my donation. Two tall men.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
At least 10 years ago I gave up contributing to them all when I realized it only goes towards bombarding me with letters, emails, texts and phone calls asking for more. They’ve spent well over 10x what I gave them trying to shake me down in the years since and it still hasn’t let up.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Fuck ‘em. Scum bags get nothing from me.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Activism is best done locally. Get involved with a local organization.
For me it's the Tesson township republican organization. We spend time and money supporting local candidates and I think we make a difference.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not donate to anyone or anything that requires a paper trail. These entities abuse your name and address, bombard you with unwanted mail, phone calls, and texts. They sell your information to other organizations that do the same. Make just one donation to a worthy cause and you are on an ever expanding donation list(s) for years to come.

My Mother in Law makes ongoing donations to Veterans groups and animal welfare groups. She is constantly the focus of almost abusive demands for more money. The mailbox, every day, has about 4-6 requests for donations. She gets more calendars and small American Flags than any one person can ever use. I on the other hand get very little other than from those organizations who buy the voter lists. Those that I do get go directly in the recycling.

This abuse never ends even after death, her husband now dead four years, still gets almost daily pleas for more donations.

Until these politicians, political groups, and charities control their abusive fund raising, they will not get a penny from me.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
None! When I say no, I mean no. Don’t call me repeatedly for any reason. My phone is for my use; not for you to beg for money - that includes every wonderful cause, opportunity and scam on earth. Somebody hand me a paper bag, I think I hyperventilated a little.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Judicial Watch.
NRA-ILA
local candidates & initiatives.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
The ONLY organization I occasionally donate to is the NRA.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Local activism is largely a waste of time, in Nevada. With all the California Dems here, illegals automatically registered to vote when they get drivers licenses, and 2 weeks of early voting without ID, no Republicans have a chance, here.

I will contribute some to DJT directly and look at Judicial Watch.

I am comforted that I wasn't being overly cynical, having a hard time deciding Wink

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Local activism is largely a waste of time, in Nevada.

Really? It's not as far gone as California!
The difference in Nevada is 6-7% and that's not worth trying to change?
So you just surrender?

Here in St. Louis County the demographics have turned against us too. The Dems have destroyed the City of St. Louis and as they move out of the City they are infecting the County. That doesn't mean conservatives should just surrender.
Although... I am considering moving to an adjoining County. Confused

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post