SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Handheld Cordless Vacuums - What do we like?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handheld Cordless Vacuums - What do we like? Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
Dyson V6 is what I have, and its down to $189. Great all around hand vac.

Where are you seeing it for $189?

WOOT.com usually has them re-furbished.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Dyson V6 slim is what I have. 229 at wal mart and the occasionally go on sale.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:
I looked at handheld vacuum cleaners a few months ago and found the BLACK+DECKER CHV1410L 16V Cordless Lithium Hand Vacuum https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...=bestprodtag49470-20 Only reason I haven’t bought it is because it has to sit on this gigantic recharging unit that I have no place for, but I’m still considering this vacuum. Does anyone here have any experience with this item?

I have NO experience with THAT item. But every cordless Black and Decker item I have owned has been a royal POS.

I bought that model Aug 7, 2015. Paid $50.00 from Amazon. No complaints at all using it for spot pickup daily. Lithium battery is key in rechargables. The recharging unit isn't that big, it's about the size of a teacup saucer and the vac stands upright.

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We picked up a Shark hand held at Wally World a few months ago...no complaints so far.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
About a year ago I checked with Consumer Reports and bought a Shark. It has been great and the battery is holding up as well. The plus is its considerably cheaper than the Dyson.

Posts: 3717 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:
I looked at handheld vacuum cleaners a few months ago and found the BLACK+DECKER CHV1410L 16V Cordless Lithium Hand Vacuum https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...=bestprodtag49470-20 Only reason I haven’t bought it is because it has to sit on this gigantic recharging unit that I have no place for, but I’m still considering this vacuum. Does anyone here have any experience with this item?

I bought that model Aug 7, 2015. Paid $50.00 from Amazon. No complaints at all using it for spot pickup daily. Lithium battery is key in rechargables. The recharging unit isn't that big, it's about the size of a teacup saucer and the vac stands upright.

Thanks for the reply. The main use for it is kitty litter pickup in the laundry room and I just have no place to put the charger, but thinking about it I can probably build a little shelf for it to fit on. I’ve seen YouTube videos of this little vacuum at work, and it will probably suit my purposes just fine and the price is right. Once all the Christmas stuff is over with, I might go ahead and order it.

As for the anti Black & Decker posts? I have never had a problem with the few B&D products I’ve owned.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Just got the Dyson V7 for my wife for Christmas.

$199 with three extra attachments free.

Amazon.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
We have a shark and love it. Between 3 kids and a yellow lab, it gets used almost daily in the kitchen.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post