SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Handheld Cordless Vacuums - What do we like?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handheld Cordless Vacuums - What do we like? Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted
I'm tired of replacing the B&D crap models when the batteries die. Anyone have any good experiences with other models to share?

Light cleaning around the house. I have a shop vac for the vehicles.

One with user-replaceable batteries would be great.

Thanks,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with a Dyson handheld.

Bed Bath Beyond sometimes has 20% off coupons you can use towards the blistering $200 msrp.

Loud as hell, sounds like a jet engine at full spool and seems capable to ingest about the same amount of junk as one too!

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The Dyson handheld is excellent. I've had mine for 3 years, and still using the original battery (which can be replaced).

I usually have the upholstery tool on it to get stray dust and clean my clothes dryer lint filter, etc. but the extension tube with beater head for rugs works really well too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Dyson V6 is great lots of power light weight. Plus as it's either almost or discontinued the prices are down. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Dyson V6 is what I have, and its down to $189. Great all around hand vac.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoover Power Vac Pet. 18V.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you already have power tools look for a hand vac that uses the tool batteries, i just got a ryobi vac and its pretty good for a $25 vac.

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
I never would have considered spending that amount of money on a dyson, but my wife really wanted one for a present last year. Having used it for a year now, I would readily purchase another one.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
AAAARRRRGGGHHHH! Thanks to all! Look out wallet!! Here comes Dyson!!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I bought a Dyson V-8 cordless about 6 months ago, Very pleased with its performance.
We also have a full size corded Dyson that now sits. The V-8 picks up so well, and is so convenient that its rarely used now.
We have 3 large dogs and hardwood floors with a large area rug in the living room.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a Dyson v6 and its just ok for the price. I would not buy another. It has a hard time picking larger items, like a cheerio. I would look at the new cordless from Shark.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
I have older Dyson hanging on our wall - Love it for it is so handy. Battery contacts need to be burnished with a pencil eraser every so often -

If you use a flashlight during the evening in the corners - you can see the shadows of cobwebs so easy. Then suck em up - I add a few moth balls in just for the freshness.

Love that Dyson

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Dyson. Had mine going on 3yrs myself. Still working like a champ!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the Shark pet vac a few years ago and love it, decent suction for a small handheld and the brush does a great job picking up pet hair

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Dyson V6 works awesome and can be a floor sweeper or handheld. Love mine.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I looked at handheld vacuum cleaners a few months ago and found the BLACK+DECKER CHV1410L 16V Cordless Lithium Hand Vacuum https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...=bestprodtag49470-20 Only reason I haven’t bought it is because it has to sit on this gigantic recharging unit that I have no place for, but I’m still considering this vacuum. Does anyone here have any experience with this item?

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:
I looked at handheld vacuum cleaners a few months ago and found the BLACK+DECKER CHV1410L 16V Cordless Lithium Hand Vacuum https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...=bestprodtag49470-20 Only reason I haven’t bought it is because it has to sit on this gigantic recharging unit that I have no place for, but I’m still considering this vacuum. Does anyone here have any experience with this item?

I have NO experience with THAT item. But every cordless Black and Decker item I have owned has been a royal POS.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:

Where are you seeing it for $189?

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:

I have NO experience with THAT item. But every cordless Black and Decker item I have owned has been a royal POS.

THIS^^^ X 3.

My experience.

RMD

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:

Where are you seeing it for $189?

Amazon. I ordered one.

RMD