SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever Wash car wash App Monthly fee
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever Wash car wash App Monthly fee Login/Join 
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted
Anyone use the App to get their vehicles washed at the local car wash. They offer unlimited washes (one a day) for a monthly fee.
We have a newly renovated drive thru with 4 options 14.00 for express up to 23.00 for the works. Seems like a ok deal to me. This would not be used to replace hand washing during warmer weather. They claim you can cancel at any time.

So what do you think, I live on a private gravel road about a half mile in and its getting to dam cold for me to hand wash.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
I've thought about doing it, because despite looking at the weather, every time I wash my car it rains or snow or something. Just make sure it is touchless. You can see the people in town who are part of the Mister Car Wash or whatever program and get the car covered with fine scratches from the brushes and/or hand dries afterwards. Looks good from 20 feet away, but anywhere closer its a hot mess of fine lines everywhere, especially if its a black car.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I used a local one, $26 a month for up to two washes per day. I started noticing scratches and chips in my paint so I stopped using it. I’m very particular about my cars and long term those brushes are bad for paint, especially if you have muddy or sandy vehicles in front of you. That grit stays on the brushes and will scratch paint.

Posts: 4105 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I'm very anal about my vehicles. Don't use car washes. Hand wash only. Car washes are rough on the finish IMO.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Sorry should of added the local wash is brushless/laser so that should prevent the scratches.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
No car washes for me due to damage in past.

In winter time I use bucket of hot water and then hose down.

If I was building a house, I would have a mixer valve for hot and cold outside.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
If I was building a house, I would have a mixer valve for hot and cold outside.

And a drain in the garage! >insert Tim Allen grunt<

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
Sorry should of added the local wash is brushless/laser so that should prevent the scratches.

I’ve read that those use caustic soaps to remove dirt since they are touchless. Obviously those would be bad too if that were true.

Posts: 4105 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post