SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Spring Flurries
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spring Flurries Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted

And still coming down. And seeing as it's 33° out there, it's HEAVY.

Big (5 foot cut) blower on the tractor did okay, didn't even bother to start the little one, it would have plugged when I opened the garage door.

Oh, and power's been out since sometime last night too, just to add to the enjoyment.

Fortunately, this ain't my first rodeo. Whole house generator with a full 100 gallon tank of propane, pantry's full, freezers are full. Wife will get a little squirrelly if the TV doesn't recover in a day or so, but other than that, we can just look out the window and laugh at all the poor bastards trying to get to work...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
We had that much around 2pm yesterday. I'd guess we finished around 26" or so. On top of the 2-3" we already had, and there are rumors of another storm in 1 week.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
No snow here, but it's really COLD! It was 48 this morning.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

I know, huh? I've already put in for a transfer.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about you guys in Eastern MA and particularly ME. The storm didn't come as far inland as predicted so we only got a foot. Still light nuisance snow that might add up to 2-3" more during the day which means another trip out with the snowblower.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Hey V-Tail:

Razz Big Grin

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
...there are rumors of another storm in 1 week.

That's what I'm hearing too. Shouldn't bitch I guess, it's been a pretty mild Winter up until now.

SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

And still coming down. And seeing as it's 33° out there, it's HEAVY.

Big (5 foot cut) blower on the tractor did okay, didn't even bother to start the little one, it would have plugged when I opened the garage door.

Oh, and power's been out since sometime last night too, just to add to the enjoyment.

Fortunately, this ain't my first rodeo. Whole house generator with a full 100 gallon tank of propane, pantry's full, freezers are full. Wife will get a little squirrelly if the TV doesn't recover in a day or so, but other than that, we can just look out the window and laugh at all the poor bastards trying to get to work...

Jealous. Envious. Mad

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
Jealous. Envious. Mad

Because you don't have snow or because you don't have a snowblower with heat and power steering? Razz

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey V-Tail:

Show Sigforum what you look like.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
^^^Hah! Big Grin

SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Jealous. Envious. Mad

Because you don't have snow or because you don't have a snowblower with heat and power steering? Razz

Well, now that you that mention it...both!!

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Jealous. Envious. Mad

Well, now that you that mention it...both!!

Bummer, Dude! Big Grin

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
What is that stuff?

Is it dangerous?

https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/ca/san-diego

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
What is that stuff?

Is it dangerous?

Yeah, but at the end of the day, you're still in CA.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
29 deg here with about 4-5" of snow this AM.

NE Ohio

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I got about 4 inches of snow, and almost had to run a red light because I couldn't stop for it. (I did get stopped.) Loose snow isn't a problem, but when it gets packed down and turns to solid ice, it is.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Ooh. Roll Eyes Better stay inside or you might freeze to death.

Razz

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
What is that stuff?

Is it dangerous?

Dude...it's frozen DiHdyrogen Oxide! Shit's LETHAL, man, look it up!

Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
We hit 17 inches or so. You're right, a cab with heat and a tractor with power steering is wonderful. A radio adds a nice touch also. Everyone on my dead end street was happy to see me this morning.

phil

Posts: 2384 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr.sig239:
We hit 17 inches or so. You're right, a cab with heat and a tractor with power steering is wonderful. A radio adds a nice touch also. Everyone on my dead end street was happy to see me this morning.

Whatcha got? Hydro whine is so nasty in my Cabota I have to wear Mickey Mouse ears.