Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cell phone Login/Join 
Picture of 9mmnut
posted
Ok I am not up to date on cell phones. I want an iPhone that is unlocked to use with tracphone that uses att towers. I guess it must be gsm. I know I will have to get a sim card from tracphone. I would not mind a renewed one. Which on and where? What can I get for around $125.00. I am not cheap with my guns but cell phones are a bit different. My life does not rely on a phone.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Good luck finding 'any' pre-owned iPhone for that amount of money. Any reasonably current iPhone in pre-owned condition is going to cost you three to four times your budget.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
I see some on amazon but not sure they are what I want. All I know is they must be unlocked gsm

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I just checked Tracphone’s website-they offer a 32 gig iphone 6s for $140.

https://shop.tracfone.com/shop...tracfonestore/phones

That’s admittedly an “obsolete” model, but I continue to use an older model than that, and am happy enough with it.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
The TracFone website has some. A 6S is $139, is that is a current enough model for you.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Woot

iPhone 7 GSM Unlocked $139

That’s a good deal right there.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3967 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I kept searching and also found those from Woot and also from Black Market. Anyone familiar with either?

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmnut:
Thanks guys. I kept searching and also found those from Woot and also from Black Market. Anyone familiar with either?

Woot is owned by amazon. So if the phone turns out to be a dud, you can return it. Their open box phones have a 30 day warranty.

I’ve bought several things from woot over the years and not had a problem.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3967 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
There are iPhones on Tracfone's website. No idea if they're the kind you want, but they do exist. https://shop.tracfone.com/shop...tracfonestore/phones

Posts: 27948 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
I discovered tracphones iphones are Version. I need att. Looks like Black Market are factory rebuilt.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I’ve got an old iPhone 4 that I will give you if it can work for you.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike if it is unlocked and a gsm it will work. Do you know if it is such?

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'll instant karma you my iPhone 6 and its slim black Otterbox case. It's had a tempered glass screen protector since it was new so the screen is perfect. I've super-glued a magnetic mount to the case.

To be fair, this phone does not have many months left of being supported by Apple. I used to have a personal 6 and a business 6, but 1.5 years ago upgraded my personal phone and a month ago upgraded my business phone. The reason for the business phone upgrade was it couldn't be ugraded to latest iOS so IT wouldn't allow it to be connected to our IT systems.

Front:

Back:

I used it with both StraightTalk and AT&T.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Woot as was said is Amazon, I've bought a couple of refurb Dyson vacuums, Roomba, my dash cam, gps an iPad and several other things, none have been problems.

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Gazelle has several reconditioned models that may work for,you:

https://buy.gazelle.com/collec...sort=price-ascending

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2839 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmnut:
Thanks Mike if it is unlocked and a gsm it will work. Do you know if it is such?

We used it with Verizon and my wife wiped it after I got a new one, but I have no clue what gsm is....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post