SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Warm do You Keep Your House in the Winter (a poll)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Warm do You Keep Your House in the Winter (a poll) Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The fireplace insert runs non-stop from late October or so through mid march-ish. The temp stays around 70 and the heat rarely kicks on.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
72 downstairs. 68 upstairs with the window cracked for a little air. I like to sleep in a colder room.
Sweat pants and t-shirt around the house. Acorn slipper socks if my feet get cold.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
No option for me to vote. I wear jeans, tee shirt and a flannel shirt. We keep our thermostat at 68.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
We don't get very cold around here but if it does for a prolonged period of time, I'll turn the house thermostat to 73. If it's only getting cold at night, it's the space heater since the dogs sleep with us too. No point in heating the entire home for just nights.

I would say that 90% of the year, it's shorts and t-shirt weather here. But I'm also from Chicago so I'm acclimated to the cold.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have compromised on 67°. I prefer 65°, but my husband prefers 70°.

I have a thin blanket with my feet out and my husband is wrapped up in 3 blankets.

My dad kept the house at 67° during the day and 62° at night, so I can’t stand a warm house.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
No choice in the poll quite matches us.

Both my wife and I wear long pants of some type, long-sleeved tops of some type, and socks. Sometimes one or the other of us will feel cold and the other not, so the one feeling chilly will bundle up a bit more. If we're both feeling too warm or cold: We temporarily adjust the thermostat.

We keep it at 72F during waking hours and 68F during working hours.

In the summertime we keep it at 76F waking and 72F sleeping. Usually shirts and tees. Same clothing/thermostat regimen as above.

Thick down comforter and flannel sheets in the wintertime. Lightweight comforter and cotton blend sheets in summertime.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
65 and I’m comfy in shorts. Wife goes for full flannel PJs and occasionally a blanket.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
We heat with wood, & I keep the house pretty warm. I spend alot of time outdoors & have no problems with the cold. When I'm in the house though, I like to be warm. Just being "not cold", or sitting around in sweaters, & fleece, etc, isn't good enough. I want to be warm.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
69 dudes!

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Winter schedule: bed time the house is set to 62. Undies and a t-shirt with plenty of blankets on as we keep the room cool. Neither of us can sleep when its warm. when we are all in at night or weekends the temp is set at 68-70. We always have pj bottoms/sweats/jeans on during weekends and at night. When we are sitting around the tube we all have a blanket on to be cozy. During the summer we keep it cool with the A/C(s) on.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
65 during the day, 60 at night.

Too cold for some, but works for us.

We have a big masonry fireplace, but it takes way too long to generate any heat so we rarely use it.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
70 during the day....comfortable with sweats. 62 during the night. It's chilly in the morning.

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My house is kept at 70°F all year. I sleep in a lounge chair in my Den, wearing black jeans, a shirt, and socks and shoes (yes, shoes--as a Diabetic my docs have suggested I never walk around my home without shoes on, and I have to get up a few times a night to go places). If I get too warm, I take off my shirt. If I get too cool, I have a little "Prayer Blanket" I put over my torso. And I usually have 1 to 3 of my 6 cats sleeping on me, too.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
mid sixties. Smaller house. When inside stand by the pellet stove to warm up. It is on low 24/7.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
75-78 in the winter, 78-80 in the summer.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
69/65 F Day/Bedtime during the winter. Typically a long sleeve tee and sweatpants after work or on the weekends.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dakor,

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
66 and I’m in shorts and a tshirt.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
65 during the day, 62 at night.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
67* year round. Like a slightly warm underground cavern.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
68* is what we keep our house at. Sometimes it cold and sometimes it feels a bit warmer. I could bring it down a few degrees but my wife would not like that.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post