SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Warm do You Keep Your House in the Winter (a poll)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Warm do You Keep Your House in the Winter (a poll) Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Heatpump is set at 66-67 day and I typically wear a sweater or vest, down to 62 at night. But when it gets down below 40 I fire up the wood stove and since wood is free I heat it to 70-72.
In Summer open windows unless it is very humid and over 80 then AC to 76.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ridewv,

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Typically at 68 in the winter

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
68-69 in the Winter.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
67* in the winter. 72-74* in the summer.

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at these temps makes me feel like I'm crazy. My thermostat is set at 58 in the winter. I'll be in the house with shorts and a tshirt and blanket if I'm on the couch.

The bedroom is a different story. I keep the thermostat in there at 45. I sleep like a baby in the cold.

Posts: 225 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
65 at bedtime until late afternoon when we return from work. Then it goes up to 68 for a few hours.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shkuhn:
Looking at these temps makes me feel like I'm crazy. My thermostat is set at 58 in the winter. I'll be in the house with shorts and a tshirt and blanket if I'm on the couch.

The bedroom is a different story. I keep the thermostat in there at 45. I sleep like a baby in the cold.

You must be single. Razz

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha Single and it's oil heat.

Posts: 225 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
66 all the time.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My air conditioner is set at 75 degrees and it runs many nights. Shorts and tank top, my regular daily wear.

Posts: 57 | Location: Southwest Florida  | Registered: September 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m a wood burner, 75-78 is about right with me.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Usually 65-66

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
66 during the day when the wife isn't home. Jeans and short sleeved tshirt. 68 in the evening unless the wife feels cold.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post