SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Senior lifetime national park passes going up in August
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Senior lifetime national park passes going up in August Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
We got one for my wife last week. D/L and $10, no waiting. Easy.

Better get cracking.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
For those of us less experienced in life, if you have a fourth grade student you can get into the national parks for free.

Family free with a fourth grade student.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Evidently it is common for people to break into vehicles to take the lifetime pass hang tag.
Why? NPS always asks for a photo ID along with the pass when you go through a Park gate. Never saw a "hang tag" either; are we talking about the same thing?
My pass came a few days ago, but there was no hang tag with it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
FYI I spoke with a local BLM office and was told the price for the pass went up to $80 yesterday.

Evidently the date was August 28th, not August 31st as reported.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I got mine a couple of weeks ago with a receipt printed by a dot matrix printer on green-bar paper -- tractor-drive feed holes and all.

WTF! Thought it was a time warp back to the 90's. No wonder those fuckers are so far behind.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I got mine a couple of weeks ago with a receipt printed by a dot matrix printer on green-bar paper -- tractor-drive feed holes and all.

WTF! Thought it was a time warp back to the 90's. No wonder those fuckers are so far behind.

Not for long....$80 passes can buy a lot of equipment. Some are still riding a horse to work. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Evidently it is common for people to break into vehicles to take the lifetime pass hang tag.
Why? NPS always asks for a photo ID along with the pass when you go through a Park gate. Never saw a "hang tag" either; are we talking about the same thing?
My pass came a few days ago, but there was no hang tag with it.

flashguy

Same here, I called and they told me I can get one when I go to any of the Parks.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post