SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tucker Carlson: Ship of Fools
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tucker Carlson: Ship of Fools Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
Has anyone read this book? I couldn't find mention of it here, but perhaps my search wasn't thorough enough. In any case, it's an OUTSTANDING exposition on the current state of the American system of government today. Highly recommended!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
An Evening with Tucker Carlson: America's Elites Are on a Ship of Fools

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I just watched the entire ~ one hour vid. It's brilliant and God's own truth. Please take the time...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Listened to it on my commute. Great use of time.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I just watched the entire ~ one hour vid. It's brilliant and God's own truth. Please take the time...

I watched it all too. Absolutely outstanding.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've listened to it and enjoyed it, good stuff.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read the book when it first came out an enjoyed it. Then I passed it on to two other people-one of whom was not exactly a Tucker Carlson fan and they enjoyed it too.

Posts: 165 | Registered: December 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I just finished watching the video and it's worth the time spent doing so. His explanation of why Trump won was spot on.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I thought the name sounded familiar. I tried to read the original “Ship of Fools” (Kathleen Anne Porter, 1962), but it was a tough slog and I just couldn’t get into it. I’ll bet I don’t have that problem with Tucker’s.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I just watched the video. For the topics that come up, he is spot on.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I also watched the entire video; the time just flew by. Excellent.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post