SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Award for Worst Actor
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Award for Worst Actor Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Nick Cage. Sandra Bullock. Jennifer Aniston

Whoa there Nelley... I'd marry Sandra Bullock in a heartbeat, so don't go talking bad about her! Heck, I fell in love with her through movies like "Miss Congeniality"! God gawd... I cannot watch a movie she stars in without wanting to spend my remaining days as her hubby!!! Big Grin

Well, sure. A super cutey.

And she is a good actress, but not a great one.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If we can mention females I say the award goes to jane fonda.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

This guy for every film he has ever been in.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted Hide Post
Johnny Depp, the king of over acting.

Posts: 459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
While watching John Wick the other day I thought to myself "What would you say is your favorite Keanu Reeves role?" (where did he do his best acting) I thought about it for a while and couldn't come up with an answer. I don't think there is one.

Bill and Ted’s excellent adventure. It was downhill from there.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Yes, I've seen the entire series. He's awful.
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Sean Penn is good in several things, but a moron politically. I would add At Close Range.

One actor whose near-universal praise mystifies me is Tom Hardy. Other than his role as Bane, he's been awful in everything.

Never seen Peaky Blinders?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
I've got to agree with Pyker, Steven Segal is the worst actor ever. He's about as wooden as a manikin and all his claims about ex CIA and all that are something that I just don't believe.

Plus, he runs like a girl. I can't believe, that in several of his early tough guy movies, they actually showed him running after the bad guys. I expected one of them to look back and say, "Don't look now but Gladys is gaining on us."

My candidate is Ali McGraw. Her beauty was so distracting, that it took several movies, before people began to look at each other and say, "My god, she's awful !"

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I hadn't seen "Terms of Endearment" in decades, I saw it was on uncut the other night. I started watching knowing I didn't like it back in the day and yeah, it really sucks. I'd forgotten how bad Debra Winger can be, she was so self-conscious in this movie, so obviously playing to the camera. I had to move on. Surely the director gets some credit for her performance but she was an extreme lightweight.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Winger

Excellent choice.

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
It would be hard to pick one, I think the majority are people I don't give two shits about, and don't want they're opinion, advice or perspective. I laugh the most with the The Three Stooges.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I really can't argue with Steven Segal. There are other, equally bad, actors, but I don't know that anyone is really worse. Now, he was excellent at stunts and fight scenes, but had the emotional range of a loaf of wonderbread.

Hayden Christensen is definitely a contender as well, but I've seen him actually show a range of emotions before. Not well or believably mind you, but he did better than Segal.

Bruce Willis USED to be an ok actor, but I can't think of anything I've seen him in for the past five years or so where he didn't absolutely phone it in. I just don't think he gives a shit anymore.

Another honorable mention goes to Denise Richards. She always seemed wooden, and never really made any character I saw her play stand out from the background.

- Bret

Posts: 2464 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Sean Penn is good in several things, but a moron politically. I would add At Close Range.

One actor whose near-universal praise mystifies me is Tom Hardy. Other than his role as Bane, he's been awful in everything.

Never seen Peaky Blinders?

he was also Clarkie in La4er Cake, (great movie) but had only a few lines,

and the Spitfire pilot in Dunkirk,

I thought he did a good Mad Max

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:

This guy for every film he has ever been in.

he does a super great job of playing every role as Marky Mark,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would really disagree on Tom Hardy. He does a great job of becoming another person. In fact I have seen a few movies where in failed to recognize him (not just make up but mannerisms and voice). Now I have truly disliked some of the movies he was in, but I consider him to be a good actor with great range..
FWIW he was at my range and I spent 10 minutes or so speaking to him without recognizing him. He is a nice guy and shooter too.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seth Rogan. His only role is a pot head stoner.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
For me it's Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly.

I have to admit that I've never seen a movie that either of them are in. But, just seeing them in the previews was enough to keep me away.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it’s got to be William Shatner or David Hasselhoff

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Seth Rogen....such a pos.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Seth Rogan. His only role is a pot head stoner.

Well, yeah. But he doesn't pretend to be more.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Helen Hunt.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post