SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Award for Worst Actor
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Award for Worst Actor Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
Several on my list but Jim Carey is at the top. Honorable mentions go to Will Ferrel and Jack Black.

Jim Carey is the worst of the worst! Cannot stand him in ANY role he's ever played!!!

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Nick Cage. Sandra Bullock. Jennifer Aniston

Whoa there Nelley... I'd marry Sandra Bullock in a heartbeat, so don't go talking bad about her! Heck, I fell in love with her through movies like "Miss Congeniality"! God gawd... I cannot watch a movie she stars in without wanting to spend my remaining days as her hubby!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I thought Keanu did a good job in John Wick

but yeah, in general Smile

as for Revolta, I thought he played a pretty good bad guy in Broken Arrow

or maybe it was just Samantha Mathis that held my attention the most

Smile

C'mon man - everyone knows that Howie Long stole the show in this movie. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Pauli Shore

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:
Several on my list but Jim Carey is at the top. Honorable mentions go to Will Ferrel and Jack Black.

Jim Carey is the worst of the worst! Cannot stand him in ANY role he's ever played!!!

AMEN to that ! I will not watch anything he is in .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
When actors only play the same character again and again in every movie they do it is an indication that they have a limited range. To the ones already listed add Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, and Jean Claude Vandamme

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
When actors only play the same character again and again in every movie they do it is an indication that they have a limited range. To the ones already listed add Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, and Jean Claude Vandamme

I know this will seem like heresy to some, but I always put John Wayne in that group. With just a few exceptions, he pretty much always played John Wayne. I thought he was a competent actor, but nothing special.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

I know this will seem like heresy to some, but I always put John Wayne in that group. With just a few exceptions, he pretty much always played John Wayne. I thought he was a competent actor, but nothing special.

Hey....watch what you say about the Duke....Pilgrim.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I always put John Wayne in that group. With just a few exceptions, he pretty much always played John Wayne.
That's a great role to play. An American icon.

There is the story about the two guys who were watching a John Wayne western. one of them said, “I’ll bet you ten bucks that when he gets to that soft spot in the trail, his horse will stumble and he will fall off.”

“No way,” says the second guy. “He won’t fall off the horse. I’ll take that bet.”

So the horse gets to the soft patch on the trail, stumbles, and John Wayne falls off. Second guy pulls his wallet out, to pay the bet.

“Nah, I can’t take your money,” says the first guy. “I’ve seen this movie before and I knew what would happen.”

Second guy says, “Yeah, I saw the move before, too, but I never thought The Duke would fall off his horse twice!”

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It's really just type-casting of sorts.
Some people are not the chameleons or what a true actor is ~ that is to become believable in whatever part they play.
Nothing wrong with that and it doesn't make them a "bad" actor but it does limit them to roles they are more suited for.
You see tons and tons of the lower level character actors that just play the same type ~ a cop, a bad guy, a judge, whatever and that is perfectly normal.
The only exception is that now days they are casting parts just to get their quota of gay, minority or whatever because of social pressure.
Actually I find few true versatile types out there.
YMMV

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Kevin, I'm incredibly boring, Costner.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:
Several on my list but Jim Carey is at the top.
^^^ THIS! A thousand times!

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
While watching John Wick the other day I thought to myself "What would you say is your favorite Keanu Reeves role?" (where did he do his best acting) I thought about it for a while and couldn't come up with an answer. I don't think there is one.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BDA220
posted Hide Post
William Shatner..

"Strange days have found us, strange days have tracked us down." JM

Posts: 807 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Funny you should mention Shatner

Hard to believe he is 90

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

after carefully considering all the worthy nominations I'd say this is the clear cut winner

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My #1 choice sadly passed away. Lots of runners up, but none like Vin Diesel.

"WELCOME TO THE ZANDER ZONE". DUHYUP

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Sean Penn is good in several things, but a moron politically. I would add At Close Range.

One actor whose near-universal praise mystifies me is Tom Hardy. Other than his role as Bane, he's been awful in everything.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6043 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Sean Penn is good in several things, but a moron politically. I would add At Close Range.

One actor whose near-universal praise mystifies me is Tom Hardy. Other than his role as Bane, he's been awful in everything.

Never seen Peaky Blinders?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe Don Baker

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post