SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Award for Worst Actor
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Award for Worst Actor Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
John "Revolta"

Ah yes, John Revolting. Mrs. Flash and I refuse to watch any movie with him in it.

A lot of other people obviously don't share our opinion, though, as he's made a metric ton of money.

Most of my family think he's a great actor. You can really wind the ladies up if you address him as "John Revolta" or "John Revolting". Big Grin

I will get punched if anyone here sees me writing this so I'm being very careful.

quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
My vote goes to Nicholas Cage - terrible in all roles.

You ain't lying brother!.

This is what happens when you mix these two geniuses into a single film. Eek

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

John "Revolta"
Not a great actor, but a friendly guy.

Wife and I were at the FBO on the north ramp at the Orlando-Sanford airport, getting ready to depart to visit the kids in Ohio.

Travolta exited his airplane, headed for the FBO office, then veered in our direction, came over, looked at the V-tail, big smile, and said, "Nice Bonanza. Have a good flight," and continued on in to the office.

I can see that. He doesn't come across as a bad guy.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Keanu Reeves. Hands down.

Great guy, but he couldn't act his way out of a wet paper sack.

Ha! True! I love Keanu btw, he does have his own style, plus he seems like a genuine guy.

His acting in Dangerous Liaisons is borderline SNL skit territory. He was magnificent in the best movie ever created, which is obviously Point Break. Smile

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Nick Cage. Sandra Bullock. Jennifer Aniston

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
Hayden Christensen. Manakin might be the worst I've seen.

That guy literally single-handedly RUINED the second 2 Star Wars prequels and the stupid little kid version of him ruined the first one. Frown

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

[Keanu Reeves] was magnificent in the best movie ever created, which is obviously Point Break. Smile

I concur. Best movie ever.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
With the exception of The Falcon and the Snowman, have you ever seen a Sean Penn movie? Razz

I thought Sean Penn was very good in the movie "We're no Angels".

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
With the exception of The Falcon and the Snowman, have you ever seen a Sean Penn movie? Razz

I thought Sean Penn was very good in the movie "We're no Angels".

To be honest, I saw Ridgemont High and thought he was, at best, mediocre. Saw him in one of the other movies mentioned here (after watching Falcon and Snowman) but, meh, other than some of work helping in Haiti, his work is - IMHO - lackluster and overrated.

Otherwise, for me, his politics overshadow any skills he has with acting.

A couple other fall in to this category for me such as: Woody Haralson (coming on CNN telling sailors during Desert Storm to sabotage the catapults and he'd fund their defense to the point if he's in a movie I want to watch, I will comment loud enough "traitor"), Jennifer Lawrence (need any details be used here?) to name two.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I thought Keanu did a good job in John Wick

but yeah, in general Smile

as for Revolta, I thought he played a pretty good bad guy in Broken Arrow

or maybe it was just Samantha Mathis that held my attention the most

Smile

Posts: 53180 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Nicolas Cage in anything. I give him a bit of nod for leaving Las Vegas but it could have been as good or not better by another actor.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Kevin Costner. Waterworld. Mic drop

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Kevin Costner. Waterworld. Mic drop

I won't say he is the worst, but average. And with a habit of appearing in some real dogs.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
James Woods.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Nicolas Coppola's career should have ended with Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Instead, he started calling himself Cage, got a lead role in Valley Girl, and we've been stuck with him ever since. I'm not saying Sean Penn is one of the great ones, but there's no way you could convince me that Nicolas Cage is the better actor. Same for Kevin Costner, who I think is doing a good job with Yellowstone.

My nomination goes to David Hasslehoff as Nick Fury in Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD.

Posts: 10942 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
David Caruso has always been pretty bad at it, imo.

Some folks obviously can't separate actors from their politics or they just don't see many movies. Odd list.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
^^^^
+1

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Jack Black, in any performance

Cannot completely agree. Many years ago (when my daughter was still very young), he was in an episode of "iCarly" that was so frikken funny I've never forgotten it! I really need to go back and watch it again while the show is still on NetFlix...

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
John "Revolta"

Now that is one actor I can fully get behind as crap! I cannot stand John Revolta... in ANYTHING he has ever done!!!

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Instead, he started calling himself Cage, got a lead role in Valley Girl, and we've been stuck with him ever since.

Hey! Don't be bad mouthin' Valley Girl. That was a classic! Big Grin

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
My vote goes to Nicholas Cage - terrible in all roles.

Now wait a minute... them there's fightin' words!

I really liked him in the "National Treasure" series of movies!