SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Over the years, the top three SIGforum-specific events to me are
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over the years, the top three SIGforum-specific events to me are Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t Kegger the guy who said people must have been “fucking smoking dope” or something like that?

Or remember the guy who was running a karma but wanted to get reimbursed for the amount of the item?

Posts: 13095 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
I think that was >>>>>>CLIFF<<<<<<<.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The AYSFD? guy was Cliff Williams.
He started his meltdown after he felt it took too long for the Boss to grant him access, and his first or second post was that rant.

Hard to go downhill when you're starting off in a deeply dug hole, but that guy was really good at the task.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Did I miss it? No one has mentioned Airsoft Guy's 'Chack-Chack' speech ?

Who was the guy in the shower with the AR ?

And I remember "I just wanted waffles".

Also, don't forget Pool Noodles.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You know what's really funny is that three four years back, someone mentioned in the forum that his shit website finally tanked. I took a look at that time. It was still up but not publicly accessible. As soon as I said "Oh, really? Well, they lost and we won," someone must have told him and he was like clickclickclickclick and he made his big pile of nothing publicly accessible again. Big Grin

I just checked it, and now when you go there, it redirects you to some Asian gaming site. Big Grin
Didn't you nickname him 'Benny Big-Time' because he was always posting about all the 'important' people he knew and how much money he had?
Yes. Don't you people know that he was in the same room with Hulk Hogan? He didn't speak to him, but he was in the same room with him.

And, oh, he was always talking about his 6000 square foot girlfriend and his hot, 26 year old condo. Maybe it was the the way around.

Yeah, Benny Bigtime came in here with his bullshit and his Pied Piper routine and fucked up more than a few members who bought his crap. He ended up getting a slew of members banned when he convinced him that they could essentially call their own shots here. I cleaned freakin' house- banned thirty in one day. Surprised the shit out of some of them.

Then, they went over to his little shit board- informally known as The Island of Misfit Toys- and used that space to climb up in the trees and screech and fling shit at us like agitated chimpanzees.

Do you know that this egomaniac actually invited me to join his shit show? "Come over here so I can ban you." Utterly juvenile and sooooo confused. When I didn't take him up on his offer, he actually registered my username and pretended to be me posting on his site. I know at least two of his members left immediately after that. Too bad they didn't see sooner what they were dealing with.

I told him- you can't build a board on a personal grudge. People aren't going to hang around for that. No one cares about your bruised ego. They'll gawk at the car wreck and then move on. Sure enough, his crap went nowhere. It takes time and effort- day in, day out, for years, to build a successful forum. A measure of talent at it doesn't hurt, either. Razz

There's tons I could tell you about this douchebag, but you get the idea.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
There was a guy, maybe 3 or 4 years ago, who had a Model A or Model T car. Seems like he was from Oregon or Washington State.

I remember him because he joined, posted a lot very quickly, and then got into it with Para and got his butt drop kicked through the goal posts.

That was the modern-day Renaissance Man, Countrygun. But the most memorable part of his posting career was another garrulous woman poster of the same period, FriedRice.

She told stories of the psych hospital where she worked and patients masturbating in front of her. Then she acquired a stalker, and was posting about that when she all of a sudden said the stalker was outside. Johnny-on-the-spot Countrygun said he was going over to her place to rescue her. How did he know where she lived when she was so furtive about stuff? Hell, for all I know, that was a sock puppet account of his.

B27..dude went off the chain *shrug*

Now, I can't remember the dude that posted in a folksy-assed manner like a gun magazine writer. Dude thought he was Skeeter Skelton or something.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I remember Spectre. We were on a trip and I checked my phone and saw his post. Vaguely I remember what transpired; but I can’t remember what happened after the board got him the help he needed.

I remember many of the things people have listed. I do miss JAllen’s wit and wisdom.

A lot of good things happen here, I’m glad to be part of it , if even in a little way.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
But regardless, who was it that felt mall cops should be treated as first responders by Sig?

I don't remember his actual username, but he quickly earned the title, "LL Mall J". He was all bent because the Sig CSR wouldn't give him the LEO discount.
That was his name; LL. Had a Punisher avatar. We told him to become a volunteer fireman or become a paramedic to qualify, but no dice.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
A lot of these individuals I don't remember.

I just experienced this happenstance of scrolling at the bottom of my screen and felt I had to share:

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I remember Spectre. We were on a trip and I checked my phone and saw his post. Vaguely I remember what transpired; but I can’t remember what happened after the board got him the help he needed.

I've wondered about Spectre from time to time. I know he hasn't posted here in a while; is he okay? Anyone know?

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Kegger.

The stew field.

The search feature sucks.

Just for three. But for a fourth, Marv the viking.

And all the great people, especially the OGs from the first Forum shoots years ago. Glad that a tradition of group shoots that started with Mark123, circlsqr and some of the rest of us took off and spread through the country.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
For me, the three most memorable are:

The Epstein thread full of conspiracies.

The AOC Macarena thread

The “lol thread” linked in my signature. That one is the most memorable to me, as there were many members, myself included, that wanted to go kick a couple peoples ass.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Oh, gotta add another: Zeleny.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Zeleny was far too busy demonstrating his ultra-genius to notice that hair he had up his ass.

Oh, how crude of me. What would MENSA and the gang at Harvard think of such lowbrow antics?

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
Milliron announcing his dislike of cat pictures.

LOL

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
The IndyFFL "Single Stack Magazine" incident was funny and his meltdown in general.

Kegger26 and the "Born to live by the gun" dude.

IndyFFL was a piece of work.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
This is not an event, but jhe888 misses Old Frank. Jhe888 remembers his posts fondly.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Honestly the thread I remember most is the original thread about the Las Vegas shooting. The thread itself wasn't anything special, but how it hit me was. I stopped watching TV and especially the news long ago. I learned about the then ongoing Las Vegas shooting here. I guess I then went elsewhere for more info. (It made me feel physically ill hearing about it) But I can recall wondering where/when I would have heard about it if I hadn't heard about it here.

Now pretty much every morning before I go to work, I check in here and scan the first page or two to see if anything big/bad/important happened while I was asleep, and I'm reminded of that thread every day.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
There was a guy who was a Federal Air Marshall.

He got a bit belligerent at times.

He is no longer with us; I think that parabellum invited him to leave. Or maybe he was given a "time-out" and never returned.

The first gentleman to which you refer is entropy.

The gentleman who was given a time out and did not return (until now), was me.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Dude, I've wondered what happened to you.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post