SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Over the years, the top three SIGforum-specific events to me are
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over the years, the top three SIGforum-specific events to me are Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I'll add in the generosity shown to TonyNY.

What happened to him? I haven't seen a thing from him since that thread.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20813 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
That psycho Cliff guy thread, CliffWMS.
The Trump Threads...looking forward to 5 more of those!
Just about any natural or personal disaster where this forum comes together to help out another member.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Milliron announcing his dislike of cat pictures.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I'll add in the generosity shown to TonyNY.

I remember the raffle for (I believe) 220ST. I think it ended up literally saving his house.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
The 2AForum splinter group (now defunct! Big Grin ) train wreck.

That was an interesting time. Not the usual SF meltdown. The guy's self-worth and ego was unlike anything I have seen in this forum.

I have been to the site a few times and it was amazing to see money pumped into a site that only benefited 10 members. I remember going on once and seeing only three members online.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
The contributions of Appliance Brad.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
1- The Spectre incident - The great folks of SIGforum got involved and got Spectre out of his hell.

2- The David Lee life boat - Again, SF all pitched in and saved another SF family member from drowning.

3- The ZSMICHAEL "crazy eddie" keyboard - Current event. Some amazing SF folks and Para did welfare check on ZSMICHAEL and found out the seriousness of his injuries.

I'm sure there are others, but those are SIGforum-specific events that stood out to me. What are your top three?

I have been around here for a fairly long time but I can't say I recall any of these stories.
I guess I don't read the forum as often as I thought.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I’ve been here 17 years. During that time a lot of funny things have happened. I think, however, the generosity of the forum is what sets it apart from any other forum I have seen. The generosity is not just money and karmas but the time and advice from experts that are willing to give advice, usually off line, to a member with a question or a need.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
I’ve been here 17 years. During that time a lot of funny things have happened. I think, however, the generosity of the forum is what sets it apart from any other forum I have seen. The generosity is not just money and karmas but the time and advice from experts that are willing to give advice, usually off line, to a member with a question or a need.

Generosity and integrity. I wouldn't hesitate to ship something to 99% of the members here, even before payment is received.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kegger and Cliff were the funniest I recall, though I haven't been here nearly as long as many of you (I did lurk for a few years, but don't tell anyone Wink).

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
quote:
1- The Spectre incident - The great folks of SIGforum got involved and got Spectre out of his hell.

2- The David Lee life boat - Again, SF all pitched in and saved another SF family member from drowning.

3- The ZSMICHAEL "crazy eddie" keyboard - Current event. Some amazing SF folks and Para did welfare check on ZSMICHAEL and found out the seriousness of his injuries.

I'm sure there are others, but those are SIGforum-specific events that stood out to me. What are your top three?

I have been around here for a fairly long time but I can't say I recall any of these stories.
I guess I don't read the forum as often as I thought.
If I ever get a home computer of my own again, I will be pleased to post a link to what the Members of this Forum have done for me. I have it saved as a PDF file. I get pretty well shaken when I tell complete strangers about this. It is not something I will ever forget.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:

As others have said, 12131 is no stranger to very generous threads.

His Karmas have been very inspiring.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
The Train Brothers.

Benny Bigtime.

The Many Faces of IndyFFL.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I happened to be on during the Spectre incident and watched it play out live. I've never experienced anything like that before, or since.

During the "gun rush" I was fascinated by watching members who had sold stuff here for years, be expelled from the classifieds because they wanted to over price their merchandise...and then argue with Para over it.

Too many meltdowns to mention, but one always sticks with me. It was a few years back, I think over Thanksgiving.

Someone won a knife karma, maybe they lived out of the country, and started a post beating up on the giver of the karma because his knife had not yet arrived.

That one too I happened to watch play out 'live'. All Time classic in my book.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I recall a similar event for 220ST when he had health issues. Have not seen him or his dancing tomato around in years but he ran Saturday Night Specials here for a while that I always looked forward to seeing.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Two words, 'Test Pilot'. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Lbj's thread is easily number one for me. You are an amazing man Lbj. Keep rolling brother. You are and inspiration with out a doubt. Been a rock here since before I can remember.

Same here. When I was fighting cancer myself, reading Lbj's thread made me man up and suck it up during the numerous downturns I experienced. His battle is so much worse than mine and he continues to impress me with his strength and courage.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
And then there was the Volvo gas tank Taco Bell burrito porkin' king of valor stealin' "Apache pilot", Kegger26...

Oy!

Whatta putz.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
Two words, 'Test Pilot'. Roll Eyes

Two more...a few times

Signal mirror
Stew field
Multiple hits

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post