SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Over the years, the top three SIGforum-specific events to me are
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over the years, the top three SIGforum-specific events to me are Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
1- The Spectre incident - The great folks of SIGforum got involved and got Spectre out of his hell.

2- The David Lee life boat - Again, SF all pitched in and saved another SF family member from drowning.

3- The ZSMICHAEL "crazy eddie" keyboard - Current event. Some amazing SF folks and Para did welfare check on ZSMICHAEL and found out the seriousness of his injuries.

I'm sure there are others, but those are SIGforum-specific events that stood out to me. What are your top three?

Q

Posts: 26375 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Not what you've asked about for a specific event per se but here as continuous events. And quite obviously I know this was not your intent nor was it solicited but.... Big Grin

The generosity extended by both Q aka 12131 and David Truong. Simply amazing. :thumbsup:

Regarding Spectre, Last was he was enjoying the overhauled 1952 Minox III camera I karma'ed him in 2016. That said I know he was dealing with a major medical issue in late 2017. I haven't heard from Crawford since then and don't know his status.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
But did those events happen on a dark and stormy night? Pistol Pete would try to search it, but it sucks. And that other guy, he ate a bag of dicks because a dog was the better person.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
There have undoubtedly been many, many other incidents that have flown beneath the collective radar. Jeff Yarchin was a real friend to me several years ago when my mother died and I had some other problems. He very likely saved my life. I owe him a debt that I can't ever possibly repay.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
There was a guy, maybe 3 or 4 years ago, who had a Model A or Model T car. Seems like he was from Oregon or Washington State.

I remember him because he joined, posted a lot very quickly, and then got into it with Para and got his butt drop kicked through the goal posts.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I lurked here for years before joining, but I’ll never forget the “Live By The Gun” guy. Can’t remember who it was but it was funny as heck. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3967 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Gecko45, The Mall Ninja

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'll add in the generosity shown to TonyNY.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, lemme' see.

ASG's "ASS Lake" saga, and dicks waving to the recoil of a shotie.

The Gabby fiasco.

The 2AForum splinter group (now defunct! Big Grin ) train wreck.

Vaseline.

When the walls went from blue and white to shades of green.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
No, they're gonna take us down, man. Aaaaaaaany day now. Yep.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
No, they're gonna take us down, man. Aaaaaaaany day now. Yep.

I can fight them off, boss. I just need a single USB flash drive!

H&K-Guy

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I told that egomaniac- you can't build a successful forum on a grudge. He's still trying to get noticed, from what I hear. He thinks he's gonna be a youtube star.

Aaaaaaaany day now. Yep.

Oh, and he's gonna sue me. His lawyers seem to be a bit slow, but...

Aaaaaaaany day now. Yep.

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Yeah, besides, if he tries anything against us, we'll just punch him in the taint!

H&K-Guy

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You know what's really funny is that three four years back, someone mentioned in the forum that his shit website finally tanked. I took a look at that time. It was still up but not publicly accessible. As soon as I said "Oh, really? Well, they lost and we won," someone must have told him and he was like clickclickclickclick and he made his big pile of nothing publicly accessible again. Big Grin

I just checked it, and now when you go there, it redirects you to some Asian gaming site. Big Grin

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Lbj's thread is easily number one for me. You are an amazing man Lbj. Keep rolling brother. You are and inspiration with out a doubt. Been a rock here since before I can remember.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
1] Not a sigforum event per se, but page 971 of the ass-clown thread on Nov 8th 2016 was a hoot --
watching our members go crazy and having a good time at it.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...5/m/9570044383/p/971

2] I recall a guy taking pictures of exotic cars and homes and claiming they were his, but his screen-name is a forbidden word here, so I'll go no further.

3] Q's puzzles to try to win a gun. drove me crazy.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if I can pick three. I've been, uh, involved, in a variety of them. I recall being told on 2A that I wouldn't last a year as a moderator. I recall cooling a thread here during that mess by quoting Vanilla Ice lyrics. I regret the good folk caught up in it.

The raffle I organized for Mrs. Horse is probably my number one.

I enjoyed meeting folks in FL for SHOT Show, maybe someday I can do that again.

I recall a lot of bannings and flameouts... entertaining, but important?

There are a lot of vignettes.

I still regret posting about an encounter in a 24hr Stop&Shop. If you remember it, please just Frozen that. Folks who didn't read it when it happened can't get the real flavor anyhow.

SigForum is an organic learning experience. I said that.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
And then there was the Volvo gas tank Taco Bell burrito porkin' king of valor stealin' "Apache pilot", Kegger26...

Oy!

Whatta putz.

And the fifty shades of IndyFFL, QuadRacer, etc...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Hey, at least nobody mentioned buttless chaps on their list.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Hey, at least nobody mentioned buttless chaps on their list.

For the last time, it's Assless Pants. All Chaps are assless, they're Chaps.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post