SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Over the years, the top three SIGforum-specific events to me are
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over the years, the top three SIGforum-specific events to me are Login/Join 
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
My favorite event:

I was organizing a memorial for a friend who was KIA in AFG. Sigmonkey edited the photo for free, did an amazing job, and I’ve since printed and hung the picture next to Matt’s tombstone.

When COVID is over I’ll bring Matt’s parents down to the memorial ceremony and I hope Sigmonkey comes as well. He was extremely generous with his time to make those edits, and I won’t forget that kindness.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
There was a guy who was a Federal Air Marshall.

He got a bit belligerent at times.

He is no longer with us; I think that parabellum invited him to leave. Or maybe he was given a "time-out" and never returned.
The first gentleman to which you refer is entropy.

The gentleman who was given a time out and did not return (until now), was me.
Ah, no sir. Entropy is an airline pilot, not a Federal Air Marshall. I have never met entropy, but I did meet the Federal Air Marshall guy a couple of times, re face-to-face transactions. I bought a fanny pack holster from him, and then another time I went with co-worker to meet him, looking at a P228. That was a few years ago and I can't remember his name. He was a gym rat. Definitely not entropy. Entropy bowed out after getting in an argument with 'Bellum. I'm pretty sure that the Federal Air Marshall guy got thrown out.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^

He was also in a class at the same time as you back when we ran two classes at the same time.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Two years ago I won a very nice 228 that you were giving away on Memorial Day. I treasure that gift.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The roller coaster picture,
, will always be special.

I grinned for three days

I'd send someone a thank you card if they would post it again

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I remember Zeleny. I couldn't stand him and his beloved P210 and it's superiority. I'll probably never own a P210 because of him. He had his business address or E-mail address in his signature to flaunt his ivy league credentials. I think it involved Stanford or something.

Then there's at least one "Shall not be named."

Surprised nobody's mentioned the "You will buy a Glock" thread yet. I don't think there's been a longer ongoing thread than that one.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Then there's at least one "Shall not be named."

Tony.
I was thinking of 7-11. (Don't elaborate.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
For me, There is definitely the >>>Cliffy<<< thread, I made it to his hall of fame website with LBJ, Para, and a couple of others, He didnt do me any damage other than posting a well out-of-date address. I did enjoy the ensuing carnage he was dealt, and with the help of another SF member, was able to get his picture.

Forum meets at 45cal's house were awesome, though I understand why he stopped.

Lastly, the overt generosity from many members here is amazing.

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Y'all remember some guy that came on and was really ranting on Massad Ayoob? Was saying some pretty horrible things about him.
And then Para actually had Mr. Ayoob join the discussion, that was pretty epic.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I believe you're referring to FranceSux. Yeah, I feel pretty bad about that, actually. I hit him way too hard and I regret it. He wasn't a bad guy but he made a mistake with his approach to one of my guests and it angered me. I was thinking about that just the other day. He'd be welcome back but that ship has sailed. He'd probably tell me to go screw myself. I couldn't fault him if he did.

Then again, come to think of it, you may be referring to a separate incident. Yeah, I recall that vaguely. The member- whoever it was- was unaware that Mas Ayoob is registered here, but he knew afterwards. Talk about eating crow.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Then again, come to think of it, you may be referring to a separate incident. Yeah, I recall that vaguely. The member- whoever it was- was unaware that Mas Ayoob is registered here, but he knew afterwards. Talk about eating crow.

That incident, the sheer shock was hilarious. Mr. Ayoob took schooling someone to a whole new level, and in the most gentlemanly way.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's a small world, after all.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Regarding memorable events in this forum- for me, nothing can top the evening of November 8 and the early hours of November 9, 2016. If you want to revisit that time, you can pick it up here and it goes to about here. That's 85 pages of posts in less than 11 hours.

posted Hide Post
This ^^^^^ is one of the most memorable for me also Para!! I think I finally got to bed about 4:00 A.M. I slept well, for I had celebrated quite a lot!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
At one point in that section of the thread, posts were coming in at a rate of every 12 to 15 seconds.

Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Have we already mentioned the cake debacle.....that was pretty awesome.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Budlum:
1. The gay cake incident.

2. Milliron's cat picture rant.

3. When Bendable learned to post photos and proceeded to do it better than 95% of internet users.

Yes the gay cake incident.....

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
And then there was the Volvo gas tank Taco Bell burrito porkin' king of valor stealin' "Apache pilot", Kegger26...
etc...

I was going to bring up Kegger / Burrito Boy.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somebody's lady companion got put in jail ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
So many great / interesting ones already mentioned, but SOOOOO looking forward to replicating the November 2016 election thread with even more fervor this year! Cool

Oh, and of recent memory, the "LOL" thread was pretty amusing. Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post