SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Remember the Steiner Police binocular 10x50 pricing mistake several years ago?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember the Steiner Police binocular 10x50 pricing mistake several years ago? Login/Join 
Member!
posted
Well it's on pre-Blackfriday sale at Adorama for $250 with free shipping (as of 11/17), which is a great price! It's $389 on Amazon for comparison.

https://www.adorama.com/st1050...m_source=rflaid62905

Steiner 10x50 P1050 Series Water Proof Porro Prism Compact Binocular with 6.26 Degree Angle of View

$249.95

I've been using mine for several years and have never been disappointed. Yes, it's not small as it's a 10x50, but the glass is awesome and clear and the always-in-focus feature is great.

This one has a different color than the original deep black I think. I believe it's more a grey color now. Otherwise the same.

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I like mine. They are great binos.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Got mine back in the first "mistake" - great binoculars, lifetime purchase.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Dang. I just bought a set of Nikon Monarch 10X42s the other day after my Leupolds finally died. I'm really happy with them, but this is a great buy for good glass.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Still very happy with mine.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Dang. I just bought a set of Nikon Monarch 10X42s the other day after my Leupolds finally died. I'm really happy with them, but this is a great buy for good glass.

Don't be angry, the latest Monarchs are better binos.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:

I got rid of those Steiners and kept the Nikon Monarchs I bought. I much prefer the Nikons.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:

Send them back to Leupold and take advantage of their lifetime warranty. I did that with an old pair a number of years ago and it just cost me the one way shipping.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Funny, last night I was trying to remember what I payed for them. Briefly toyed with the idea of selling them and buying something smaller for hunting.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Those Steiners are still my main pair of binos. Love them. Heck of a deal, that was! Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post