SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shana Tova to my invisible Jewish friends
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shana Tova to my invisible Jewish friends Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted
A sweet new year to all.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
And to you, too.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may not be Jewish, but my Savior is. Shalom.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Wishing you and your family a sweet and happy New Year! L'Shana Tova Tikatevu.

Shalom!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
L'Shanah Tovah

Blessings to you all

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I was accused of being Jewish once. Can that count?

Happy new year, either way.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. L'shana Tova!

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Have a sweet year.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
דאַנק

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
In the Talmud is written: "In the place where repentant sinners stand perfect saints cannot stand," meaning, as I understand it, that the estate of the repentant sinner is even higher than that of the perfect saint because the repentant sinner had to struggle more fiercely to subdue their evil inclination and through the successful act of repentance made himself even more pure, more worthy, more acceptable to God, than the saint.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you and a sweet year to all my Sig Forum brothers, L'shana Tova!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shalom from a Polish 1/4 Jew.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year!

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Happy new year!

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Happy new year and God bless.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
In the Talmud is written: "In the place where repentant sinners stand perfect saints cannot stand," meaning, as I understand it, that the estate of the repentant sinner is even higher than that of the perfect saint because the repentant sinner had to struggle more fiercely to subdue their evil inclination and through the successful act of repentance made himself even more pure, more worthy, more acceptable to God, than the saint.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FlcxEDy-lr0" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Funny you should post that (ironical, not ha-ha).

I was talknig with a friend today about the "sin offering".

Many think about it as a "good thing" one offers God, for an offense the one has commited, and somehow that "thing offered" is fitting or "pleasing", but in fact, a "true" sin offering is understood as thus.

Imagine, a husband or a wife, on their wedding aniversary, rather than bestowing flowers, a small peice of jewelry, dinner and dancing, or some other gesture, instead says to their dear love; "I offer to you the impure thoughts of infidelity I had in my mind, recently. I do so out of love to you and this "sin offering" of mine given in order to secure our relationship."

It would be one thing to have those thoughts and present an "offering of a gift" to hide that sin, and another entirely, to present an "offering of the sin", as it were.

Now, realizing that we men and women are unlikely to accept such a "thing" (being we are imperfect and often let our selves get in the way of the "what" of things), but God does not have that limitation.

So, when we stand in that place and offer up true repentance, it is pleasing to Him that we give our "sin offering" in that manner, and in so doing, that act, which can only be "accepted" and "taken from us", by He who is our Judge, and leaves us with out it, and a "little higher" than the saints, because of His part in the "thing".

Sweet indeed, and sort of makes one seek out those "down here" that we have transgressed, and make our "sin offering" with them, and then go to God for our transgressions with Him.

A Sweet New Year, to my Jewish and Goyish bretheren and sisteren.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ac26
posted Hide Post
What Herknav said “I may not be Jewish, but my Savior is. Shalom.”

L'Shanah Tovah

Posts: 191 | Location: Dallas Texas | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

A Politically Incorrect remark regarding something? lol

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

A Politically Incorrect remark regarding something? lol

Not at all.

I'm a lifelong WASP, among the most "white privileged" as modern parlance puts it. There weren't many Jews around here where I grew up, but I worked for and with several Jewish businessmen, a lawyer or two. I was treated well, fairly, and had no problem with that.

Since then, I've dealt with hundreds, as clients, employers, employees, adversaries, all respectfully, mostly fairly (we're lawyers, after all!), and of course read extensively of the history of Europe.

So, then this asshole comes along and accuses me of being Jewish. My accuser meant to insult me. Instead, it caused me to think thoughts and realize perceptions that I had not had before, the sting of bigotry and prejudice. I understood what it felt like, a little.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
That counts Jallen. Happy, healthy and a sweet new year to you. Big Grin

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post