SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DC Crime lab accreditation suspended
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC Crime lab accreditation suspended Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted
https://wtop.com/dc/2021/04/dc...-fully-investigated/

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Again!?! What is it about that place? I swear, if it ain't the DC crime lab it's FBI crime lab, if it ain't the FBI crime lab, it's the NSA's computers, if it ain't the NSA's computers, it's the freakin' stacks at the Smithsonian!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
That's why I prefer the Marvel crime lab. Razz

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder how many people are pulling time because of these crooked crime lab technicians? It should be a capital offence to knowingly submit false forensic evidence in a trial.

Posts: 12582 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Prosecutors that try and pressure lab techs to lean toward prosecution should be disbarred, fined (bigly) and then sentenced to at least a year of time with no parole.

It shouldn’t be about locking someone up, it should be about finding the truth and letting the chips lie as they fall...if the suspect’s fingerprints/dna/pic/video aren’t there- then they shouldn’t be railroaded for some lawyer to boost his numbers....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lock them up with the people they lied about.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
They should be jailed for the same length of time as the people they victimized - the lawyers and the techs both.

The only way we are ever going to bring honesty back is if we make examples of people - even if it’s a brutal example.

Make the penalty for dishonesty and fraud so severe that the temptation will be eliminated.

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
What is it with our society and the disregard for integrity, truth and justice? What will it take to get it back?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And DC wants to be a state. Just what we need! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
DC is a third world shithole. I think I heard a para phrase of that somewhere.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
That’s insulting to 3rd world shitholes.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
What is it with our society and the disregard for integrity, truth and justice? What will it take to get it back?

bullets

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
That's why I prefer the Marvel crime lab. Razz

Just give it a couple years, and they'll get around to releasing a "Crime Lab: Ultimate Director's Cut" that fixes some of the problems with the initial Crime Lab, in an attempt to salvage whatever goodwill might remain from their customer base.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
All too often those who are employed as government begin to believe that they are more important than the citizens and can do whatever they feel like doing. They don't believe that they must follow the same rules the public does, and don't feel that they should be subject to the same consequences.

It has long been my position that anybody in government caught abusing their power or otherwise breaking the rules/laws should be subject to a harsher punishment than the regular population. With greater power comes greater responsibility.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
This crime lab is a big ass building in SW DC. During construction it was touted as once it's operational, it would be have the best of everything. Including personal. I'm surprised it took this long for it to loose it's accreditation. This fuckup of a crime lab was having problems right after it became operational in 2012.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post