SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Like I was standing still (cliche')
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Like I was standing still (cliche') Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My wife was issued a late 90's Blazer for her K-9 cruiser. She did a lot of training with the Mass. State Police, for cadaver detection. Apparently MSP likes to go fast. My wife's Blazer was governed at 95mph. Whenever they were enroute to a training site, they had to assign one trooper to "Alice Duty", IOW, slow down enough to lead her to the site.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Given the circumstances, I think Camaro dude got far enough away that he could evade and hide off of the highway without the UHP seeing him exit. I just can't imagine that kind of speed for over thirty miles without an accident or and apprehension.

I see this all the time in my area. Fugitive driver looking to E&E and doesn't want to be spotted.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Last night while travelling southbound on I15 around 10:30 pm
When I was a yoof I enjoyed driving fast. Sometimes very fast. Cars, motorcycles, equally enjoyable.

I was always conservative with my speed after dark. I wasn't gutsy enough to out-drive my headlights.

That's the other thing I forgot to mention. The Camaro had its lights off! No headlights and no tail lights. I never saw him brake so I don't even know if he had brake lights.

The fact that he was really flying and without lights I figured they would head him off with the radio. But in the 30 miles I had left, I did not see hide nor hair of anyone involved.

A drug running operation in CT some years ago was using some special lights and goggles to run their vehicles at high speed without any light detection. Pretty slick idea.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
No comment ... Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
But you just made one...Confused

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post