SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA cancels annual convention in Nashville
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA cancels annual convention in Nashville Login/Join 
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted
NRA cancels annual convention in Nashille

The National Rifle Association announced Thursday evening that its annual membership meeting set for Nashville in April has been canceled.

The NRA made the announcement to members amid growing coronavirus concerns. Although the organization said it was reluctant to cancel the conference, it did so after Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee declared a state of emergency Thursday morning.

"We sincerely regret the need for this action, particularly for our many loyal members who join us for this annual celebration of the NRA and our constitutional freedoms," the statement said.

The cancellation comes as an influx of organizations have canceled meetings and conferences across the country as a precaution against coronavirus worries.

The meeting was scheduled in Nashville from April 16-19, and the organization said it plans to reschedule the four-day conference.

"Please know that we did not reach this decision lightly," the statement said. "We were ultimately guided by our responsibility to help ensure the safety and well-being of our NRA members, guests, and surrounding community."

Posts: 3201 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Yep. Had a room and everything.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Next year, hopefully.

Posts: 9039 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Next year is Houston, see y’all here.

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang It ! ! !
I was gonna take Friday off from work and go see the exhibits.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
I had flights and hotel set up as well. Had a great time in Nashville last time it was there. We'll be back.

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Aw... Wayne’s gonna have to wait a bit for that next $8,000 suit.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Sad that it was canceled. Frown

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Dang. I haven't been to one since Portland, Oregon.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Nashville is getting hit hard with various cancellations.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
We are canceling all kinds of gathering/ venues/ events. It’s starting to make me a little uneasy. It takes a lot for me to become uneasy....I feel we will see a real spike in things as it has been about 10 days from the announcement of the first case of Coronavirus ( male in Williamson County ). The 14 day incubation period is up this coming week. Great.....this is not good...... y’all.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
The USCCA Concealed Carry Expo here in Kansas City for late March is canceled also.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
The USCCA Concealed Carry Expo here in Kansas City for late March is canceled also.

My wife and I went to the one in Pittsburgh last year, we both felt that it was a great event. Really well run! We ended up going all three days.

Next year it is going to be in Nashville, TN (April 15-19 2021) - we are planning on a road trip, possibly stop in Louisville KY for a bit first - lived just south of there while I was stationed at Ft. Knox in the mid 80s and would like to check out the area again. We want to go to Knob Creek Gun Range - first range that my wife and I ever shot at.

Time will tell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a chance to hit the NRA convention a few years back. Too much to see in a day. I got to meet the Gunny at the Glock booth. Definitely an event worth attending, if one is able.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
The 2020 NRA Annual Meetings have been re-scheduled for October 24 in Tucson, AZ.

Additional information can be found here. Members can pre-register (free) at bottom of page.

https://www.etix.com/ticket/on...hod=viewShoppingCart

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Now Wayne’s got an excuse to get some new suits.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post