SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Computer network file help please.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Computer network file help please. Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
I have two computers networked together the first computer is the OptiPlex 7010, the second computer which is the cnc machine is the DMG.

The first computer 7010 has a cad/cam program called artcam, I do all my drawing with this one and send it to the machine which is the DMG. Inside the DMG there is a folder called product which I can open up and send direct to the machine at the shop floor.

Here is the problem and I hope I explain this correct.
when I send files from the 7010 to dmg product folder, I have to open another folder inside that one called artcam then drag and drop those into the product folder which takes another step.

what I would like to do is for them to go direct to the product folder on the dmg computer. is this possible if so what is my path?
Here are to pictures, The one that says "Save in" is the 7010 the other picture is the dmg computer.
I tried C:\Users\Optiplx7010\Artcam\Product but all that does is create another folder inside "product" like the artcam folder I have now.

Amazing that I can program this machine all day long but cant figure out the direct file path. Roll Eyes

Thank you !!

Here is a picture of the dmg computer with the product folder open. see the artcam file ?

I tried C:\evol\Product but That didnt work .

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Try using...

\\Computer_Name\Drive_Letter\Directory

as the location that you "save/send" the files on the "DMG" machine.

In effect, you create the file on the OptiPlex and have the output saved/sent to the "DMG".

So, try creating a folder to test this on the DMG machine as follows.

Try this...

Save a file from the program as;

\\DMG\C$\TEST\ ramp1.cnc

Then it should be found on the DMG computer as;

C:\TEST\ramp1.cnc

If that works, post back.

And if you want to call me at work Monday, I'll try and assist, but it will be easier over the phone.

You can email me.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post