SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    School Snow Day
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

School Snow Day Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
It’s -11* (actual) this morning, to go with the 5 or 6” of new snow. Roads snowpacked and/or icy.

Snow day for the schools? Big Grin

We live in Wyoming

Wasn't for us in Northern CO. About the same amount of snow and -12 when we left.

JD

Posts: 390 | Location: Northern Colorado  | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
We would have 4-6 snow days a year, lake effect was music to my ears as a kid. I would wake up and see how high the snow was stacked....turn on the tv and wait until my school scrolled across the bottom.

COOL I get to watch Priceis Right today.....yay

Yup 4 channels enforced outside play......

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
People who live in the South don't spend two hours a day shoveling snow.
I’ll remember this in August when it’s 95* with 88% humidity and not a breath of air down there Wink
I do not have to clear two feet of "heat" out of my driveway before I can get my truck out of the garage. I'll never die in a heatalanche. Razz

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
People who live in the South don't spend two hours a day shoveling snow.
I’ll remember this in August when it’s 95* with 88% humidity and not a breath of air down there Wink
I do not have to clear two feet of "heat" out of my driveway before I can get my truck out of the garage. I'll never die in a heatalanche. Razz
Ya got me there, boss

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
We had two snow days my entire time in school. The first time, it was in the -20-30s for a few weeks and they couldn’t get the school heated one day. The second time was when the pipes to the swimming pool froze and flooded the school and they needed a day to clean up. In college, my senior year, we came out of a men’s BB game and gasped a little. The entire crowd started running for the cars. The next day, the paper said it was -67F with wind chill. Still had school the next day. As scouts, we used to go winter camping near this place. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Sinks. We weren’t in the main sink area so I imagine it was a few degrees warmer.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post