SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Protesters Demand Chicago Strips Police Of Millions, Give To Black Students
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Protesters Demand Chicago Strips Police Of Millions, Give To Black Students Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
Give them the 95 million and have Al Sharpton and Jesse overlook the spending. Big Grin

Maybe Al could use some to pay off the Back taxes he's owed for years.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I have an idea.

Close the schools AND the PD, spend the money on “vegetables” and beer...... cake and circuses.

Don't give the Illinois politicions any ideas.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Time to wall of Chi-town. Pull out the police and let them sort it out for a couple of years.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
Don't they have to be in school to be considered students?

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I made the comment on a beer group about not setting foot in Chicago in response to someone telling me how great a place was and this was a response I got in return:

“Damn, I could have sworn that when I was in Chicago in August I ate great food, drank a ton of awesome beer, and met really cool people. I guess I must not want to go back there all the time, because it’s apparently a post-apocalyptic hellscape. Thanks for reminding us of what’s real.”

Roll Eyes

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its a big place. I’m sure some great food, beer and people can be found in it, much like any large city.

But I’m not going to live there.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I made the comment on a beer group about not setting foot in Chicago in response to someone telling me how great a place was and this was a response I got in return:

“Damn, I could have sworn that when I was in Chicago in August I ate great food, drank a ton of awesome beer, and met really cool people. I guess I must not want to go back there all the time, because it’s apparently a post-apocalyptic hellscape. Thanks for reminding us of what’s real.”

Roll Eyes
Dude's an asshole. There's enclaves in every big city that are oases of culture and civility-where he went. And there's areas where the "beer and cigar" set enjoy blunts and malt liquor.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it wasn't for the fact that these "people" are complete assholes and are against everything that is good about America and what it stands for I'd almost hope these people win. But there's a backstory here and it's all about money. The current CPD academy was built in the late 70's and sits on land that at the time it was built, wasn't worth very much. When it was built the neighborhood was a seedy, high crime area just a few blocks from skid row. To give you an idea of what it was like,Richard Speck lived in a SRO just a few blocks away when he was arrested. Since then the land value has sky rocketed, the trash has been forced out and replaced by multi million dollar homes and condos. It's where a substansial number of the millenials live as it's just west of downtown Chicago. Now because that land is so valuable some developer has decided that he wants to buy that land and build more housing for the yuppies. There's a lot of money to be made here but there's one problem. What to do about that pesky CPD building. Not really a problem though if that developer can get a politician to join forces with him and declare that the CPD academy is suddenly too small,too dirty,to expensive to operate, on the verge of collapse yada,yada,yada even though it's been completely rehabbed at least one that I know of. It's the Chicago way. You grease my palms, I'll grease yours. We will both make a fortune even though the taxpayers will get screwed. But still, the question is what to do with that CPD academy? The answer is to build another on the westside of Chicago that's hard to get to, is in an extremely high crime area (where most of our murders have occurred), where the cost of land is probably less than $1.00 per square foot and that nobody wants and the people that live there hate the Police. That's THEIR solution to a non existent problem. Pity the poor copper that has to go there either for in service training or is a recruit. Things are so bad there that I guarantee you there is going to be a huge uptick in damage to both CPD vehicles and coppers personal cars. And don't even think about the City assigning on duty Policemen to guard against any of that. You are on your own when attending classes there. And God forbid some young recruit has to take the bus there. They better let these guys carry their guns starting their first day there. They will need them. But hey. What does all that matter if some politician and connected devleoper can make a ton of money on this deal As long as they are happy, right.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post