SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If this Memorial Day tribute doesn't make your eyes well up, nothing else will.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If this Memorial Day tribute doesn't make your eyes well up, nothing else will. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
No spoken words neccesary.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZHTE1jMXg

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No none at all, thanks

Make it count

Posts: 1411 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Thank you 12131.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1899 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Kleenex please.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Very moving, well done tribute. Thank you for posting it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
Kleenex please.

Double that.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Salute

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Stupid blurry monitor.

God BLESS our fallen...

Thanks for posting, Doc.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Q. People like them, and people like you make our country great. God bless.

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
A Salute!

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q for posting that. My wing man was shot down and the entire crew 0f 5 were killed I remember the boots, rifles and helmets very well.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
So very grateful to them.

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a day goes by that I don’t think of my fallen brothers. Attending memorial services when I was in Iraq for fellow unit members KIA was on every of the most emotionally painful things I have ever done. They will never be forgotten

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Not a day goes by that I don’t think of my fallen brothers. Attending memorial services when I was in Iraq for fellow unit members KIA was one of the most emotionally painful things I have ever done. They will never be forgotten

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
No spoken words needed. The bagpipes said it all ..........................drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thank you Q for posting this!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Boy, that was kinda rough.

Thank you Q, for posting that.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Lest we forget.

Amazing Grace gets me every time...play it in bagpipes and it just doesn't get any more moving than that.

Interesting to see that overhead shot of the Arizona as I've never seen that angle before, it helped me to visualize the Memorial.

One of my annual Memorial Day traditions is to watch the movie Taking Chance, based on a true story that happened in my neck of the woods. For those who haven't seen the movie, it is both heartbreaking and heartwarming, and I do recommend it for those strong enough to understand the honor, respect, dignity, dedication, commitment, and sacrifice our service men and women have in doing their jobs...even the difficult ones.

I make it a point to watch it alone.

Taking Chance

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtmiLdzzgGE

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I was listening to former FEMA Director and radio talk show host, Michael Brown, and he told this story on air tonight.

While he was the FEMA director (during the President George W. Bush administration) a former Soviet Union army general had been appointed to the equivalent emergency director position in Russia and the two were meeting and then going out to dinner. The Russian general requested they could stop by Arlington Cemetery and so Director Brown had his security detail drive them there.

As luck would have it they arrived at the Changing of the Guard ceremony. Brown said the general snapped to attention and gave a perfect salute...and Brown spied a few tears coming down the general's cheek.

The general invited Director Brown to Russia to visit their national military cemetery and several months later he did just that.

Even former enemies can unite in remembering their fallen.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post