SIGforum
If this Memorial Day tribute doesn't make your eyes well up, nothing else will.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3090084074

May 22, 2020, 08:26 PM
If this Memorial Day tribute doesn't make your eyes well up, nothing else will.
No spoken words neccesary.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZHTE1jMXg

Q

May 22, 2020, 08:44 PM
alreadydead
No none at all, thanks

Make it count
May 22, 2020, 09:17 PM
two-two-niner-romeo
Thank you 12131.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall
May 22, 2020, 09:36 PM
Hamden106
Kleenex please.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished
May 22, 2020, 09:44 PM
Orive 8
Very moving, well done tribute. Thank you for posting it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.
May 22, 2020, 09:45 PM
Scoutmaster
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
Kleenex please.

Double that.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944
May 22, 2020, 09:49 PM
Yellow Jacket
Salute

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70
May 22, 2020, 09:53 PM
erj_pilot
Stupid blurry monitor.

God BLESS our fallen...

Thanks for posting, Doc.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
May 22, 2020, 09:54 PM
Outnumbered
Thank you, Q. People like them, and people like you make our country great. God bless.
May 22, 2020, 09:56 PM
ifithitu
A Salute!
May 22, 2020, 09:58 PM
bushpilot
Thanks Q for posting that. My wing man was shot down and the entire crew 0f 5 were killed I remember the boots, rifles and helmets very well.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln
May 22, 2020, 10:10 PM
wreckdiver
Agreed!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton
May 22, 2020, 10:24 PM
adobesig
So very grateful to them.
May 22, 2020, 10:31 PM
captain127
Not a day goes by that I don’t think of my fallen brothers. Attending memorial services when I was in Iraq for fellow unit members KIA was on every of the most emotionally painful things I have ever done. They will never be forgotten
May 22, 2020, 10:32 PM
captain127
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Not a day goes by that I don’t think of my fallen brothers. Attending memorial services when I was in Iraq for fellow unit members KIA was one of the most emotionally painful things I have ever done. They will never be forgotten

May 22, 2020, 10:51 PM
drill sgt
No spoken words needed. The bagpipes said it all ..........................drill sgt.
May 22, 2020, 10:54 PM
bald1
Thank you Q for posting this!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
May 22, 2020, 11:11 PM
83v45magna
Boy, that was kinda rough.

Thank you Q, for posting that.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11
May 23, 2020, 12:00 AM
Modern Day Savage
Lest we forget.

Amazing Grace gets me every time...play it in bagpipes and it just doesn't get any more moving than that.

Interesting to see that overhead shot of the Arizona as I've never seen that angle before, it helped me to visualize the Memorial.

One of my annual Memorial Day traditions is to watch the movie Taking Chance, based on a true story that happened in my neck of the woods. For those who haven't seen the movie, it is both heartbreaking and heartwarming, and I do recommend it for those strong enough to understand the honor, respect, dignity, dedication, commitment, and sacrifice our service men and women have in doing their jobs...even the difficult ones.

I make it a point to watch it alone.

Taking Chance

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtmiLdzzgGE
May 23, 2020, 12:08 AM
Modern Day Savage
I was listening to former FEMA Director and radio talk show host, Michael Brown, and he told this story on air tonight.

While he was the FEMA director (during the President George W. Bush administration) a former Soviet Union army general had been appointed to the equivalent emergency director position in Russia and the two were meeting and then going out to dinner. The Russian general requested they could stop by Arlington Cemetery and so Director Brown had his security detail drive them there.

As luck would have it they arrived at the Changing of the Guard ceremony. Brown said the general snapped to attention and gave a perfect salute...and Brown spied a few tears coming down the general's cheek.

The general invited Director Brown to Russia to visit their national military cemetery and several months later he did just that.

Even former enemies can unite in remembering their fallen.