SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another example of how not to behave in Classifieds
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another example of how not to behave in Classifieds Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Chickenshit is the word for it. If you're going to transact business here, don't behave this way, and if someone offers you more money than you can refuse, then, by God, own up to it, instead of slinking off and wasting people's time. Be a man.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1100073474

As far as I'm concerned, what you see in the initial exchange in that thread constitutes a binding contract, and if you break it in this forum, there will be consequences. Do not behave this way. I don't know if this kind of thing is tolerated in other forums, but I can tell you it is not tolerated here

Posts: 107259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Good riddance.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang not something I would expect from a 15 year member.

I agree he had it for sale somewhere else and got caught when two people wanted it at the same time and he went with the higher bid.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You'll notice that the majority of his posts were in Classifieds. He didn't give a shit about this place, beyond what it would profit it him.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Very sad people do this anywhere. I am getting ready to move and am selling as many things online as I can to cover some moving costs. I am selling at a good deal so I get some money and someone gets a good deal.

Household items I am selling on Facebook, Nextdoor, and Craigslist to see where it sells first. I have had it happen with several items, but most recent was with a full sized fire safe. I had seen the safe sell for $400, but I posted it for $50 because I just wanted it gone. I got 30 replies in 10 minutes and the first to respond was driving one hour to come look at it. I told people after him that he was on the way and I would let them know if he decided not to take it. I had multiple people say, “Well if you will just sell to me I will give you $200.” NO! I am not going to sell out from under someone on the way for extra money!

Treat others the way YOU would want to be treated.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
SouthernPride? Hardly. SouthernEmbarrassment is more like it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Treat others the way YOU would want to be treated.

Golden Rule for the win. If you live by it, life will reward you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, yes, let me write that down.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have to apologize. I have put up for sale one gun I just can’t seem to bring my self to sell. I have never taken money for it but have told folks it was no longer for sale. Not because I have sold to a higher bidder (I WILL NOT DO THAT EVER. I will always honor first come first serve) but because I always find myself saying you can’t sell this.

So I do apologize for that.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you did such a thing and I asked you about it, you would have the courtesy to explain yourself. This guy didn't do that and that's why he's banned.

All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
Certainly didn't live up to his username.

What a dick weasel!

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Looked around on the outdoors trader (big Georgia classifieds site) figuring I'd see it, but came up empty.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He has his location listed as well. Probably, someone offered him more money, and for a face-to-face transaction. Again, this is speculation on my part, since he didn't have the courtesy to reply to me.

If you do something like this and I ask you, just own up, and you'll get a slap on the wrist, but you won't lose your posting rights. Next time he wants to sell or buy something here, he'll regret the way he handled this.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Wow! I guess nothing should surprise me. But,a long standing member behaving that way does surprise me.

Thank you for pointing this out. Also, thank you for taking care of such things and keeping this place tip-top!

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I once canceled a gun sale on another forum. the guy made a joke about beating his wife because she complained about him buying another gun. I know it was a joke, but damn.
So I canceled the sale. I informed the buyer and I contacted the forum mod and reported myself for backing out of the deal. No money was exchanged.

The forum mod agreed that the joke was in poor taste, warned me to tread carefully, but appreciated I had shown initiative in communication. The trick here is communication.
Taking responsibility, and good honest communication will go a long way in the world.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Thanks for policing this sort of thing Para.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing what greed does to some folks!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I listed a P229 for sale on our local AZ site about 12 years ago. I got two "I'll take it" replies at the very same time, as in both replies had the same time stamp on them and ditto for the PMs they each sent me. I felt terrible, but felt like I had to sell to the one that appeared first in the sequence, even though they both had the same time stamp. The other guy was not amused. I sent him a screenshot, but I don't think that placated him. I still feel bad about that one, but the first guy showed up and paid, so he got it.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Dam be a man about it. Always better to just cop to it. And send the man his $9 bucks back

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Dang not something I would expect from a 15 year member.

15-year member means nothing here. About 0.3 post/day. As Para said, most are in the Classifieds. This guy contributed squat.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post