SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    VIDEO: Alabama football players surround Trump in prayer after White House ceremony
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VIDEO: Alabama football players surround Trump in prayer after White House ceremony Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
http://www.theamericanmirror.c...hite-house-ceremony/

VIDEO: Alabama football players surround Trump in prayer after White House ceremony

April 10, 2018
By Kyle Olson

A remarkable thing happened while the media was focused on Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s Senate testimony: After a White House ceremony, several Alabama football players huddled around President Trump and prayed with him.

WBRC’s Christina Chamber captured the moment:

“What a cool moment!” Chambers tweeted on Tuesday.

Alabama punter JK Scott “asked @POTUS if he could pray for him and his staff,” she reported.

Chambers’s video shows several players surrounding the president with their heads bowed.

Saturday Down South reports:

Alabama closed its visit to the White House by asking for some help from above.

As the Tide were getting ready to wrap up their visit to celebrate their 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship, Alabama punter J.K. Scott offered up a request. He wanted to pray for President Donald Trump and his staff.

Scott and several Alabama players got the opportunity to pray with the president…

One of Scott’s teammates caused controversy before the National Championship game in January when he appeared to yell “F*ck Trump!” while the team was entering the field.

Video tweeted by the Sporting News shows Alabama running back Bo Scarbrough yelling “F*ck Trump!” as players made their way to the field in Atlanta.

Scarbrough later denied yelling the phrase.

Alabama defeated Georgia in overtime, 26-23, earning a visit to the White House.

It’s not clear if Scarbrough made the trip to see the president.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
God bless them.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29699 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
God bless them.

+1 For me, this cuts through the noise. As it should. Well done, Mr. Scott.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9158 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So good to see young men who are under a lot of scrutiny being unafraid to stand up for their beliefs! Great of DRTrump to allow them this privilege!!

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prairiefire:
So good to see young men who are under a lot of scrutiny being unafraid to stand up for their beliefs! Great of DRTrump to allow them this privilege!!

Saban laid down the law to the rest. I don't care a lot for him (nothing personal, he's just not OUR coach) but he does a fairly good job of turning out decent young men. He's also pretty good at getting younger coaches on the straight and narrow. His influence in college football is pretty widespread.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Rather sad that as a society we've fallen so far down the morality hole that something like this is so uncommon it requires special attention. I remember finishing each baseball game in high school and most of them in college with a final prayer. Funny, no one ever complained or even thought twice about it, given it was not uncommon at all.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Helps me believe there is still hope.

Well done men!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Rather sad that as a society we've fallen so far down the morality hole that something like this is so uncommon it requires special attention. I remember finishing each baseball game in high school and most of them in college with a final prayer. Funny, no one ever complained or even thought twice about it, given it was not uncommon at all.

It’s not that uncommon. It’s just uncommon that you hear about it. I’ve attended a lot of professional, minor league and college sporting events and I’ve coached youth sports for 7 years now. I see teams or groups of players praying together all the time from 5 yr olds to pros. Just because you don’t hear more about it doesn’t mean it’s non-existent.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
That video is beautiful. Well done, young men!

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

It’s not that uncommon. It’s just uncommon that you hear about it. I’ve attended a lot of professional, minor league and college sporting events and I’ve coached youth sports for 7 years now. I see teams or groups of players praying together all the time from 5 yr olds to pros. Just because you don’t hear more about it doesn’t mean it’s non-existent.
I didn't suggest it was "non-existent", just uncommon. For god sake, there's still a legal case floating around where a high school football coach got canned for taking a knee by himself after a game to pray. The Left, and their atheist attack dogs, have gone so far out of their way to attack any form of prayer in public, its no wonder why some people look at the White House video of President Trump and the Alabama players and either cringe, are shocked, or are waiting for a hammer to drop. Its just a damn shame we as a culture have sunk so low.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Alright man, whatever. It’s a nice story and you want to be negative about it. Instead of focusing on the positives you feel the need to talk about how terrible the world is.

If you ever want to see some athletes pray I invite you to spend a weekend up here in my area. We can go to the city baseball or football fields and you’ll see coaches taking a knee with their teams and saying a payer. Or I’ll invite you to my kids public school where every morning they still have a moment of silence for kids to pray (yes they actually say that) after they recite the pledge and play of the national anthem. I’ll drive you by another public elementary school that lets a church use their school for their service.

I don’t know the politics of Orlando but here in the red southern cities public prayer just isn’t at all uncommon.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerkyjer
posted Hide Post
Saban is a pro. I can’t wait until he retires, but it will be a sad day in cfb when he does.

War Eagle!

War Eagle!

Posts: 206 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
As a die-hard Auburn fan, I give this two hearty thumbs up!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
Strange. I never took DJT as the praying type.

-Loungechair

Posts: 675 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post