SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Effect of Wildfires in Salem, Oregon
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Effect of Wildfires in Salem, Oregon Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
Here's what it looks like outside my place about 6 minutes ago (9:06a PST)

There are a couple of big fires east of us, nearest is 25 miles

Here's a picture from my hike on Saturday morning near Mt. Jefferson: Whitewater Trail to Jefferson Park, you can see the smoke from the Lionshead fire:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
There are a couple of big fires east of us, nearest is 25 miles.

Surreal photo from this morning.

At 25 miles away, are you in any danger from the fires? My best wishes that you guys are safe.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
No danger here in the city but there are a number of small towns along Hwy 22 that are affected.

High winds are not helping but I guess the winds won't let up until after Wednesday.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
There are multiple fires in Eastern Washington as well. One small town is pretty much gone.

Here is a shot of a valley near my home. Hwy 195 south is the road in the picture:

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is the air quality?

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
It is nearly 10:30 am and the streetlights are still on here, near Salem.
Outside, it looks like we are in LA. On a bad day.

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
My house gets all the wind from the Gorge.
Couldn't see the tops of houses last night it was so bad.
Woke up to ash on my car again.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
A little bit before 6PM last night....

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
There are multiple fires in Eastern Washington as well. One small town is pretty much gone.

Here is a shot of a valley near my home. Hwy 195 south is the road in the picture:

Jim

Which town?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I'm in Douglas County and it's getting worse by the minute here. Apparently three new fires in the county. Ash coming down like it's snowing.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

Which town?

Malden:

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/08...ern-washington-state

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Stay safe all of you in OR and WA, our favourite states!!!!

tac & Mrs tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
McKenzie river east of walterville to tokatee golf course is all on fire. It's so bad here in Eugene I can hardly breathe. Maybe 1/8 mile visibility.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
It's a mess out there. Right where I am the sky is clear, but all around everything is on fire.

Last night the wind shifted and started blowing smoke from eastern Washington over this way. People started freaking out thinking something was on fire nearby, so the authorities put out word that everything is fine. An hour later like three different fires spring up. Parts of Sumner are being evacuated, come Friday who knows if I'll be watching a warehouse, or a pile of embers, when I go to work. Same with Bonney Lake I guess, Puyallup has got some action too.

Good times, everyone.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Mill City (Oregon) got hit pretty hard.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
We had heavy winds yesterday and today in the Portland area. I also could look at the sun at 6PM without eye protection. It's bad out there.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
McKenzie river east of walterville to tokatee golf course is all on fire. It's so bad here in Eugene I can hardly breathe. Maybe 1/8 mile visibility.

We closed our local outdoor range early this morning. The club president called me waking me up from my beauty sleep for me to make email announcements to the members and on our website.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Oh no. the Mohawk area where our range is has been put on level 2 alert.

Oregon uses a three-tiered evacuation notice system: Level 1 (Be Ready), Level 2 (Be Set) and Level 3 (Go Now).

SIGnature

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Update 6pm. This is us.
"Lane County Emergency Management has issued a Level 3 GO NOW Evacuation Notice for Upper Camp Creek Road and the Mohawk Valley from Wendling Road to the county line, including Wendling, Mohawk River and Mabel," the county said. "A LEVEL 3 (GO NOW) Evacuation Notice has also been issued for the Mohawk Valley north of Marcola Road and Hill Road."

SIGnature

posted Hide Post
I'm in Glide OR and the Star Mtn Fire has Level 3 (Go Right Now) evacuation orders to within a mile of my house. I just finished a shift at the Red Cross Evac Center at the Glide Middle School, I was told most probably Red Cross will pull back to Roseburg and I will be working in there tomorrow. At this point they are saying they can defend Glide (population <500) but I told the wife to pack up the dog and head to our son's house in Roseburg

Posts: 590 | Location: Glide, Oregon | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post