SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First day over 80°, therefore
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First day over 80°, therefore Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
The Mr. Coffee Ice Tea Maker comes out of hibernation and will see pretty much continuous duty for the next 3 months.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Park City is 40 deg F right now. It might snow tonight or tomorrow morning.

Sadly though I'm on the Delaware river at the moment, where it's hotter than two rats banging in a wool sock.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
It was 107 on I-10 near Ft. Stockton, Texas on Saturday afternoon. I don't know how I used to tolerate driving across the country in a car without air conditioning. Guess I didn't know any better.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
It was 107 on I-10 near Ft. Stockton, Texas on Saturday afternoon. I don't know how I used to tolerate driving across the country in a car without air conditioning. Guess I didn't know any better.

Because you saw some guy walking in the heat and decided driving without air conditioning beat walking without air conditioning?

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Saw 100º on a run to the store yesterday.
Going to be making good use of the pool at our new house.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Iced tea makin' machine? Didn't know there was such a thing. All you need to make tea is a kettle to boil water and a pitcher. We like American Classic tea from Charleston.

I looked at the Mr. Coffee thing and it only makes 2 quarts at a time...? We make 2 gallons at a time. Oh, well, I'll be out next to the cement pond with some sweet tea. Cool

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are looking at 112F here on Sat......that is in the shade, and we don't have any shade!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
First day over 80, therefore:

You planted 'maters?

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
Iced tea makin' machine? Didn't know there was such a thing. All you need to make tea is a kettle to boil water and a pitcher. We like American Classic tea from Charleston.

I looked at the Mr. Coffee thing and it only makes 2 quarts at a time...? We make 2 gallons at a time. Oh, well, I'll be out next to the cement pond with some sweet tea. Cool

1. It makes 3 quarts.

2. I'm the only one in the house that drinks iced tea.

3. It's ready to drink immediately, no waiting for it to chill.

Mom always made it your way and I HATED seeing/smelling tea and knowing it would be a couple of hours before it was cold enough to drink. Plus it was a pain in the ass to make and was considered a "treat".

I can go from "Gee, some tea would be good right now" to "Slurrrrrrrrrrrrp" in about 15 minutes.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
First day over 80, therefore:

You planted 'maters?

I wish. It went from 50's and wet to 80's and humid literally overnight. My garden is still a mudhole. If I planted TODAY they'd still be green when the frost hit.

Fortunately, I tilled a garden for an old feller that loves to grow tomatoes and always grows way more than he can can and eat. Told him to call me when they start coming in and I'll buy a bushel of 'em.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:

Really. Northerns need a special gizmo to make 'iced tea'? YGTBSM.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
1/2 gallon mason jar (or 2) with a couple of tea bags in it, set on front porch before leaving for work, retrieve yummy tea when I get home. Rinse, repeat as needed. If it isn't going to be sunny I make it the night before and let it steep until the next evening. No power used and good tea.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I've got a two gallon clear plastic jug with a spigot on it that I put out on the porch and leave it there for a few hours whilst it brews. Then I add sugar and lemon juice and stick it in the fridge.

Starting in about July I go through at least a gallon a day. Sometimes more if I'm working out in the heat. I drink so much of it that I went to Lipton's decaf tea or else I'd be bouncing off the walls.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Because you saw some guy walking in the heat and decided driving without air conditioning beat walking without air conditioning?

It's 53 miles from Ft Stockton to the nearest town so you don't see many pedestrians. But yeah, even a 25 year old beetle beats heck out of Shanks Mare.Wink

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Mr. Coffee Ice Tea Maker

Huh... never heard of such a gizmo.
You have a wife... right?
Nevermind!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post