SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma: Google ChromeCast - Winner: RogueJSK!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Up for grabs is this Google ChromeCast:

(Sorry, I discarded the box a while ago. What you see is what you get.)

Karma Rules:

• Must have been a member since at least April 20, 2017 (that's a week ago as of today)
  • Must have a valid email address in your profile and answer winning notification in a timely manner
  • Please: Continental U.S. entrants only (shipping will be via USPS on my dime)
  • Must answer the question "Why is ensigmatic giving away a perfectly good Google ChromeCast?"
    (Answer elsewhere in The Lounge. Snark, sarcasm, etc. acceptable.)

I'll let it run for... I dunno... a couple days or so. Whatever suits my fancy. The Karmanator will choose the lucky (?) winner.

Good luck!

(To be perfectly honest: I never found the thing to be all that useful. Perhaps you will.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Karma! Please add me to the list.

Sounds like you're giving away your Chromecast because you don't trust Google, and have decided they're just as evil as Microsoft.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'd like a shot at it.

Ditto what Rogue said. I seem to remember you dumping all things Google.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Because Google is THE DEVIL!

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Because Google is evil =)

I'm in. I'm already worshiping to the throne of Google.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
Sign me up please.

I find it quaint you're giving up TV in a warm comfy modern home to live in a thatched hut and read old books by a whale oil lamp.
But who am I to judge?
When are you doing the big screen plasma Karma?

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the karma. Please include me.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I am in. Thanks

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
We've kicked around buying one for a while.
Thanks for the chance.

Why??
Because Mrs.Ensigmatic said to ?!??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I would love a shot at this Karma! Thank you.

I guess you are giving it away because you are scared Google has too much information on you. <sarcasm >

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Some of y'all aren't reading the conditions for a valid entry

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me......cause ensigmatic is a sweet generous little boo boo.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Please include me. Thanks for the opportunity.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
Please enter me in your karma, I'm still a google fan, even if the mgmt is libtards.

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I'm thinking I may go back to a "dumb" phone, if I can, when my current not-so-smart-after-all phone is ready to be retired.

I have a flip phone, always have a flip phone. I use "old" Android cellphones as mini-tables (via wifi, not cell network).

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Meanwhile: I've had it with Google. As far as I'm concerned they're easily as evil as Microsoft--if not more so.

I tend to agree, but then again, I think Apple is evil too ... well, as opposed to the APPLE ][e, not evil. I still have one, it's a pretty neat old machine.

Thanks!
James in Denver

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Please include me in your karma.

Thank you for the chance!

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please add me.
Obviously you are giving it away because there is not a stitch of actual chrome anywhere on it.

Posts: 2476 | Location: E. of Mississippi River | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I think I'm going to submit this to the Karmanator sometime tomorrow (Saturday, Apr. 29). Anybody else wants in, speak up quickly.

And, if you do, please read the rules. Half the current entrants are currently DQ'd for failing to do so, so far.

posted Hide Post
Please add me to your karma. Because Google is evil.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Why is ensigmatic giving away a perfectly good Google ChromeCast?"

Because he bought the MICROSOFT version. Smile

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
"Why is ensigmatic giving away a perfectly good Google ChromeCast?"

Because he bought the MICROSOFT version. Smile