SIGforum
Anyone know anything about beefed up power wheels. Not quite ready for a go kart.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3080075044

April 16, 2018, 05:18 PM
Black92LX
Anyone know anything about beefed up power wheels. Not quite ready for a go kart.
We got a regular power wheel but it struggles on anything other than the flat concrete.
We have a gravel drive way and some decent terrain. It goes on the gravel just fine but I am sure soon it will destroy the plastic wheels.
Any length of time going up hill trips the thermal switch and the thing is dead for like 2 minutes.

Found these with rubber tires, 4x4, and a beefed up battery. Not sure what the motor is like.
It also has a parental remote which would be nice too.
Anybody have experience with these or others?
https://www.bigtoysgreencountr...de-rc-ride-on-green/

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
April 16, 2018, 09:16 PM
bigdeal
How old is your youngin? Just a thought, you can do as my father did when my brother and I were young. He got us gas powered go karts and put a governor on them to keep things under control until we were ready for more. Of course later on, you too will have pics like my parents do, of my brother and I racing our karts with one hand on the wheel while reaching back with the other holding the governor open. Ah, good times. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
April 17, 2018, 08:47 AM
SBrooks
Just read the specs on that link and I don't think it will even climb up my driveway - max climb rate of 7% or 21" per 10'.

The remote is a great idea. My kids would have driven off the side of a cliff...

------------------
SBrooks
April 17, 2018, 10:43 AM
hvyhawler
Go check out www.modifiedpowerwheels.com. Use your own knowledge and discretion...At the bottom of the page they have a faq section, click on if you are new to modding, you should read this and it will bring you to the forum...
April 17, 2018, 11:32 AM
snidera
I was going to re-build a powerwheels with 56V EGO lawn tool batteries, but HOLY HELL, my 5 month old needs one of these.

I like the blade with F & R suspension for $20 more. It also has 2 batteries (doesn't say if they are bigger A-Hr or not vs the 1x 10Ahr in the trail cat)
April 17, 2018, 05:50 PM
Black92LX
Boys are 4 and 3 so not ready for a governed go cart.

Here in a few years we’ll build one.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
April 18, 2018, 06:57 AM
pwelch001
There's a website for everything! Great timing on this thread, I just charged up the boys batteries the other day, and I was going to start looking around for info on these. I have a loose connection somewhere, I believe, I it won't move after shifting. I'll see if there's any info, thank you!