SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When the gun stores restock, this is my next gun, what is yours?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When the gun stores restock, this is my next gun, what is yours? Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
I have been looking at getting a rifle. Something with a little knockdown power. Something that could take down some food, or possibly take down a home intruder. I have been wanting a lever action 30-30. My friend linked me to this little beast and I am absolutely smitten. I’m sure it’ll need a lot of polishing of the internals so it’s smooth and not crappy to cycle, but that’s pretty simple.

Once there is one available for purchase at a fair price, I’m on it like an Ethiopian on a cheeseburger.

*** ETA link: https://www.mossberg.com/produ...-action-rifle-41026/

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
Real or photoshop?

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where's the red dot?

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Needs an ACOG.

For me, possibly the Ruger PC Charger or a 9mm AR pistol.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by caneau:
Real or photoshop?

Real, straight from Mossberg.

https://www.mossberg.com/produ...-action-rifle-41026/

quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Needs an ACOG.
For me, possibly the Ruger PC Charger or a 9mm AR pistol.

Everything needs an ACOG. Even the guns you listed. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I seent that tacticool Henry .357 with a loading gate or the Marlin Dark .357 in the Rifle Room. I'ma find me one dem.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Beancooker...I’ve always felt that would be at home in Firefly ...but I wouldn’t kick outta bed for eating crackers if needed Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
If they could make one in 9mm, I’d be all over it. With wood stock/forend though. I’m sure they could figure it out, but until they do i guess I’ll have to settle for my .45-70. Big Grin

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
CMMG if you have AR lower Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Beancooker...I’ve always felt that would be at home in Firefly ...but I wouldn’t kick outta bed for eating crackers if needed Big Grin

I know. It’s like so dorky and weird, I just love it. Like part of me hates it, but the other 90% if me is like “hell yeah”.

quote:
The “lol” thread

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
PCC, preferably SBR.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
This is my next purchase:

Desertech MDR by Ex Pat, on Flickr

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
One of these, unfortunately in non-auto form...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim Bridger
posted Hide Post
My Old .30-30 circa 1958 has been a faithful companion. it was proudly made by Winchester in America. It has rode with me over the Rockies and across the dry deserts for many years. I never feel right in the saddle if it is not against my right knee. Yes like me it shows wear. Wink

Posts: 54 | Registered: March 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about scratching the bullpup itch with an RDB.

I don't need another 5.56 in any fashion, but that thing looks kinda fun, is lefty friendly, and if I don't like it I can sell it for not much loss.

Posts: 158 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
You could always pair that Mossberg up with a tacticool double barrel, just sayin'...

https://www.stoegerindustries....uble-defense-shotgun

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I think I am going to buy a basic, mil-spec stainless Springfield Armory 1911A1.

I also want a single shot shotgun. I've never owned one and always wanted one. I let Harrington Richardson go out of business before satisfying this need. Now makers are few and far between. But I looked at a Savage Stevens 301 turkey, bottom-land camo'd, in 20 gauge at a recent gun show and was impressed. Looks like a quality gun and for a little over $100 it looks like a good deal. I think I'll get a 20 gauge or maybe a .410 to carry in my jon boat. Just because.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
fug·ly
/ˈfəɡli/
adjective - INFORMAL

1) very ugly or unattractive, fuckin' ugly.
"I told him we all thought he was fugly"

2) 464 SPX - Centerfire Lever-Action Rifle
"I want to buy a fugly rifle."

Only kidding. Practical is sometimes ugly. But practical. And .30-30 and lever actions are always a good choice. You'd be well armed with this.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Admittedly, I'd light-weighted my firearms to the bare minimum. And now I'm lighter than I prefer. So...

A high(er) quality .22lr rifle with very good sights dialed-in as best possible in the 50 yard range.

A 9mm carbine of some sort set up very well. I've not decided on a foldable brace style pistol or a Ruger PC9 style takedown. Maybe both.

Another Glock pistol in 9mm. Maybe two.

and... Many many more Glock mags and "Moar" cases of ammo.

Posts: 11381 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

It takes some getting used to.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post