SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's Good to See Your Kid Find His/Her Niche in Life
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's Good to See Your Kid Find His/Her Niche in Life Login/Join 
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
and just in case you get bored with the humdrum, MVIS also has an option chain. No guts, no air medal as they say.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
This is one of the fewer instances where Sigforum has made me money instead of costing me money Smile

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Sorry to sound harsh LS1.

It is a different world these days, and not a good one in a lot of ways.

These young adults being groomed to rely on a parent or parents for the duration drives me nuts.
And ruins their own lives.

I could not imagine relying on my parents once I turned 18. Or at least finishing a four year college at or about at 22.

It is just a foreign concept to my generation.

Now it seems pretty normal unfortunately. What a disaster it is.
Yep. I lived with my folks all through college and worked summers to help with household expenses. Went directly into USAF (2Lt) upon graduation and moved 1500 miles away, in government housing (such as it was--very basic). Parents and sister didn't need help for a while, but my dad had strokes and I had to pick up support for my sister's college (she was 16 years my junior). She took a year off and worked to help with her expenses, too.

I am encouraged by the OP's son's industriousness and (so far) success. I hope it continues.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Hope he took his MVIS money and ran. Dropping hard lately. What are his new favorites?

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post